Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 5/11/16
“Stop focusing on how stressed you are and remember how blessed you are.”  (Gratitude Habitat.com)  Gratitude Habitat is an online site where people can share blessings they’ve received and inspiration that has come to them.  It’s also a place where “gratitude” items can be bought, like a gratitude umbrella, a Wonder Star, and a Peace Sparrow.  It’s a site for “Gratitude Quotes”, too.  Today’s words about relieving stress are just one of their suggestions.    ;-)  Jack

OM LBP IN PLYMOUTH:  There is a woman at church who always responds to the question "how are you?" With "I am blessed" ... Even after she has just had heart surgery. Even though she has had many hardships. Every time it is a smile and "I am blessed."  This week I found myself responding to her in kind. Normally I would have said exhausted but I was blessed to be exhausted. Blessed that my daughter has made friends at her new school to have for a sleepover. Blessed that I have a house with a lawn to mow and the physical ability to do it. Blessed that my mother is alive and living close enough that for a Mother's Day gift my sister and I could go to her house and help with spring cleaning. Greeting her that morning helped give a quick adjustment. I am blessed to have her and her grandkids in my church family.====JACK:  There are many meanings for the word, blessed.  The one I like the best is..."Connected with God."  That gives added meaning to the church lady's response...and to yours, as well.

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  good words for today, Jack.  thanks.====JACK:  Gracias!  A common way to say, Thank You.  From the looks of it, it seems to be related to the word, Grace... one of my all-time favorite words.

FROM HY YO SILVER:  Thanks for this.  I'm having spinal surgery in a few days and my concerns are growing.  This is a boost.====JACK:  Take this prayer with you when you go for your surgery.  "The light of God surrounds me;  The love of God enfolds me;
The power of God protects me;  The presence of God watches over me.
Wherever I am, God is."  (James Dillet Freeman)
====HY YO:  Google the Adon Olam prayer...====JACK:  I like the last line..." The Lord is with me.  I will not fear."====HY YO:  THAT is what I was hoping you'd find!====JACK:...and that's what I'm hoping for you.

FROM DM IN LIV:  I love it and will definitely visit the website!  Thank you!====JACK:  You may notice that the Gratitude Umbrella (which you can order), has "Thank You" printed in many different languages.  You can see them when the umbrella is open and you look up.====DM:  I have to have one!  I try every day to live with an attitude of gratitude!  I am grateful for your Winning Words!

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  The site sounds fascinating and I will check it out.  Stress is very bad and I really try hard not to let it get to me.  It has been a challenge for us a few times this year. ====JACK:  When we're in danger of losing our temper, we're encouraged to count to ten.  When in a stressful situation, perhaps we should pause and count ten (or more) blessings.

FROM SBP IN FLORIDA:  I really like the phrase "I am blessed." And I feel it but don't say it out loud often enough. I'll use it when I'm sitting on the the west facing side of our walk with my late afternoon small cigar and martini, when friends and neighbors who come by and "How are you doing?". So much more the case than a liturgy of platitudes or details. I AM blessed with knowledge of God's presence every moment. I'm no "holier than thou". I am blessed.====JACK:  Blessings come in a variety of packages...big and little...fancy and plain...expected and unexpected, but none with "postage due" on them.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  WONDERFUL WORDS TO COMMIT TO MEMORY...ESPECIALLY AFTER A VERY LONG DAY FRAUGHT WITH CONCERN AND FRUSTRATIONS! ====JACK:  The "human" Jesus had those days, too.  ...times when his disciples just didn't "get" it.  ...times when he was abandoned by those who once were praising him.  ...the time on the cross when he wondered why God had forsaken him.  But, in the end, he called out, "Into your hands I commend my spirit."  It's good advice for all of us when we are stressed.

1 comment:

SBP said...

I really like the phrase "I am blessed." And I feel it but don't say it out loud often enough. I'll use it when I'm sitting on the the west facing side of our walk with my late afternoon small cigar and martini, when friends and neighbors who come by and "How are you doing?". So much more the case than a liturgy of platitudes or details. I AM blessed with knowledge of God's presence every moment. I'm no "holier than thou". I am blessed.