Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 5/17/16
“Remember that everyone you meet is afraid of something, loves something and has lost something.”  (H. Jackson Brown Jr)  Someone I know was treated rudely by a bank teller.  She asked the person, “Are you having a bad day, or are you always like this?”  It was done in a caring way and not meant to be sarcastic.  Everyone we meet is probably carrying some kind of burden, so we need to give them some slack and go easy with the voice…or horn.    ;-)  Jack

FROM BB IN ILLINOIS:  I like the approach of “are you having a bad day or are you always like this” but think it would probably be taken often as sarcasm.  I will remember these words and smile in the days to come.  Thanks for the inspiration Jack.====JACK:  The thought that struck me was that-- everyone has something going on in their life, so we need to err on the side of kindness..

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  This is a great quote...so true!  As my mother used to tell us, "It doesn't cost a thing to be kind"...and I've tried to remember that.  You rarely regret things you DIDN'T say!  Keep the inspiration coming, Jack!  Good to have positive  thoughts in these difficult days! ====JACK:  I know that "everyone" includes you and your family.

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  or the gun (God forbid) with today's road rage phenom... ====JACK:  As I read the "road rage" stories, it seems as though some who are carrying a gun for protection, can turn into the aggressor, given the circumstance.  A bullet, once fired, cannot be taken back.  ...and lives are changed forever.====ST PAUL:  that is why this crazy gun craze is so sad.  volatile people with a gun in  hand are very likely to do something they later greatly regret.====JACK:  Even the non-violent can turn violent, given the circumstance and an available weapon.

FROM MY CHALDEAN FRIEND:  Amen.====JACK:  I like the word, sympathy...feeling with, putting yourself in the other person's place.

FROM IKE AT THE MIC:  That reminds me of one of my "Ikeisms" which states: "it matters not so much what or how you say it, what matters is whether you are understood" mmm.  ====JACK:  I tend to be non-confrontational...thinking, but not speaking.  We are who we are.

FROM TARMART REV:  I will always remember the time in the summer of my 9th grade and being the first person in the bowling alley that late afternoon...I was heading for the pinball machine with welcomed excitement and said to the older lady proprietress, "Good afternoon, how's your day going?" She replied without hesitancy, "None of your damn business!" 64 years ago, and still fresh on my mind!!====JACK:  Maturity might of allowed you to respond, "Are you having a bad day, or are you always this way?"  Isn't it interesting how the mind allows us to go back in time...for the good or the the not so good?

FROM CHESTER THE GOOD:  I met a man who was afraid he lost something he loves. Money.====JACK:  The Bible says it well..."The LOVE of money is the root of all evil."

No comments: