Monday, July 26, 2010

Winning Words 7/26/10
“All the brains are not in one head.” (Italian Proverb) Some of the best leaders that I know of are not afraid to gather together confidants who have a variety of opinions. US Presidents often have non-appointed advisers. In Andrew Jackson’s day they were known as The Kitchen Cabinet. WWs is an example of using the thoughts of others to stimulate our own thinking….like today. ;-) Jack

FROM LIZ IN ILLINOIS: It is the truly intelligent person who realizes he/she cannot possibly know everything. FROM JACK: I may not know everything, but I know that. MORE FROM JACK: Someone I worked with in Moline many years ago taught me this saying: Though man a thinking being is defined, Few use the grand prerogative of mind. How few think justly of the thinking few! How many never think, who think they do!

FROM PRJS IN MICHIGAN: Andrew Jackson's Kitchen Cabinet was one of the all time lousy gatherings of minds in the history of America. They were able to come up with the Trail of Tears, new ways to strengthen the slave economy and to stop any internal improvements. FROM JACK: There's no accounting for the friends of some people. Thanks for being my friend.

FROM AM IN MICHIGAN: Those Italians have a way with words. I love it. Thank you. FROM JACK: Most of the popes have been Italian, haven't they?

FROM HAWKEYE GS: I tried to hire mgrs smarter than me. Have you read any of Malcolm Gladwell? FROM JACK: Yes, I have read some of MG. You may have been the one who suggested him some time ago.

FROM MOLINER CF: And Oboma has the Medicine Cabinet. FROM JACK: And those who've been supported by the NRA have the Gun Cabinet.

FROM SH IN MICHIGAN: I believe Jesus is the Head of the Body and somehow all of our brains are in the Body and sometimes I feel the connectedness and sometimes I feel the divisiveness but even when I feel the divisiveness I believe more fully in the connectedness and so that's the Way It Is, It's a Mystery, do the politicians operate out of this connectness too? Politics is a mystery to me too. Does connectedness trump
divisiveness there too? Pondering FROM JACK: As the Scarecrow sang in The Wizard of Oz..."If I only have a brain." Or, some of us could sing, "If only I would use my brain."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe Jesus is the Head of the Body and somehow all of our brains are in the Body and sometimes I feel the connectedness and sometimes I feel the divisiveness but even when I feel the divisiveness I believe more fully in the connectedness and so that's the Way It Is, It's a Mystery, do the politicians operate out of this connectness too? Politics is a mystery to me too. Does connectedness trump divisiveness there too?
Pondering in Southfield, Michigan
S.H.