Friday, February 01, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 2/1/08
“Winter is on my head, but eternal spring is in my heart.”
(Victor Hugo) The biggest snowstorm of the year is upon us. We’ve already had more snow than all of last year. But tomorrow is Groundhog Day, and Punxatowny Phil is ready to predict the coming of spring. Both my head and heart say that I’m ready. I wonder about the context of Victor’s quote. Do you know? ;-) Jack


FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: "Hope springs eternal". I love the snow...I like it best when you walk outside and breathe deep and your nose hairs freeze! That's the best!

MORE FROM J.L.: This is my kind of winter!!! I would love Alaska!

FROM G.T. IN NEW YORK: Good luck in your snow storm. Can't say I miss Michigan weather in the winter, but I do miss it in the summer.

FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: sounds like victor is a glass half full kinda guy. it's a club i am proud to be a member of!

FROM EMT SINGS IN MICHIGAN: I do not know the context of his words. But as I sit here in front of my computer looking out at the snow (literally I am snowed in. I am here with my Mother having stocked up on things in anticipation). I KNOW that under those snow laden branches are buds ready to burst forth. They have not failed us yet! Somehow I think that may have something to do with it. In the meantime I am looking forward to working on my scrap booking which is always behind time when the weather is nice enough "to get out". Have a good weekend!

FROM GOOD DEBT JON IN OHIO: Seems like God is adjusting for the Global Warming this winter. We have had record lows in Central Ohio; of course this is just one year in a 500 year cycle. My son had a 2 hour delay for school this morning because we have a ¼ of ice county-wide.

FROM L.P. IN MICHIGAN: "Winter on my head" makes me think of snow white hair. What a poetic form of "young at heart"

FROM CJL IN OHIO: I guess wonder: Who Cares?

FROM A.S. UP NORTH: Spring,Spring stay away! Winter here is truely a beautiful wonderland to enjoy to the fullest.However warming is not helping snow maintainance ie ickey rain too often!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am fantacizing that Victor Hugo said Winter was on his head because his hair was snow white but that spring was in his heart because he was having a school boy crush on some sweetie. Just read recently in the newspaper that Sandra Day O'Connor's husband in the nursing home has a sweetie and that Sandra Day O'Connor is pleased he's enjoying life there.
Sharon