Thursday, July 08, 2010

Winning Words 7/8/10
“A praying pirate is definitely a sign of danger.” (Netherlands Proverb) “Praying” is usually considered to be a positive word, while “pirate” is thought of as a negative. Put the two together and the Dutch say, “Watch out!” However, all pray-ers are not negative people. “Watch out!” is good advice in many different situations. Here in Michigan, we have a beautiful community of Netherlanders. It’s called, Holland. ;-) Jack

FROM RI IN BOSTON: A preying pirate is even worse! FROM JACK: A pirate's a pirate, but I still think the praying kind is worse.

FROM MO IN ILLINOIS: Interesting proverb from the Netherlands. I's say MOST PRAYER-ERS are not negative people. They are usually hopeful and have an inner peace. Most of the time! FROM JACK: I don't think that they'd bother praying if they didn't think it would do some good. Is that faith?

FROM SH IN MICHIGAN: This is a Wierd Winning Words but I like it. Maybe the danger is that the pirate will turn out to be a Robin Hood, helping the needy. What's most interesting is that there are only two comments on it tonight. I think you've befuddled us. FROM JACK: One of the best responses was one that I wasn't able to attach. It showed a van used by a radio station. Painted on the side was: Pirate Christian Radio. I Googled it, and the station really exists.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a Wierd Winning Words but I like it. Maybe the danger is that the pirate will turn out to be a Robin Hood, helping the needy. What's most interesting is that there are only two comments on it tonight. I think you've befuddled us.
S.H. in MI