Monday, July 12, 2010

Winning Words 7/12/10
“How far is far, how high is high? We’ll never know until we try.” (Calif. Special Olympics song) This advice is given to S.O. contestants…Life is not freedom from struggle, but it’s the courage to face our problems and the wisdom to change our lives for the better. “Possibility thinking” is good advice for all of us. Mountains of problems can seem overwhelming at times. Special Olympics kids are a real inspiration. ;-) Jack

FROM SG IN TAMPA: On the the way home (from our trip) we stopped in Birmingham, AL,where a grandson has just begun a new job at an investment firm. There we passed the Olympic training center for the Special Olympics. All together we did 5600 miles, What a beautiful country we have. FROM JACK: I never knew there was a training center for the Special Olympics. You can learn something every day. I'll have to Google it. MORE FROM SG: It might have been the Junior Olympics training center.

FROM MOLINER CF: Just what I needed today. Thanks. FROM JACK: Encouragement comes dressed in a variety of costumes.

FROM MO IN ILLINOIS: I am a Special Olympics sponsor, but I had never heard the song! With two flat tires within the week, (practically new tires...) and my air conditioner hitting the dust, I am struggling! Ha!! But I'm a climber, and these mountains were made to climb. Yodel-aye-de-O! It was easier when I was younger... FROM JACK: On my car there's a sensor which lights up when tire pressure is low. That way I can take the car in before I have a flat. But it's still a pain. However that's nothing compared to the pain that some people face every day. "Count your blessings, name them one by one."

FROM PRDM IN MICHIGAN: We have a man with Downs Syndrome who come to Church because a
gracious lady brought him. After being with us awhile and making friends with a number of people, Donald needed heart surgery. Jesus appeared to Donald at some point during the procedure and whispered that Donald was to be healed. Donald leaned over and told us during worship when he was back to Church that Jesus had healed his heart. "Let the children come to me...for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven!" Maybe if more of us had "Special Olympic hearts and perspectives," maybe there would be more of Jesus visible in
our lives... Thanks as always for a great read. FROM JACK: In Sunday School we used to sing, "Open my eyes that I might see glimpses of mercy thou hast for me." There are many miracles surrounding us, but sometimes our "eyes" aren't able to see them. Donald has a special vision.

No comments: