Friday, August 26, 2022

 Jack’s Winning Words 8/26/22

“Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.”  (Mark Twain)  Recently I heard of a blind man who could tell things about people by feeling their face.  He could sense laugh lines, signs of worry and stress…all without the use of eyes.  What would he to be able to tell about you?  If someone will allow you, touch that person’s face.  Any wrinkles?  Try to create some future wrinkles today by smiling at everyone you see. BTW, do you remember the name of the wrinkled man in the Dick Tracy comic strip?  I was raised not to comment about the looks of people.  ;-)  Jack 

FROM JU IN NC:  I understand that our eyes reveal the depths of our souls.  Many people avoid looking directly into their eyes in front of a mirror because they do not feel good about what they see.  Take a few moments and stare directly into the reflection of your eyes. Is the image soft and comfortable or hard and troubling?  The more of the Bible we read and spend time in the peaceful presence of God, will soften our presentation.===JACK:  I asked my eye doctor if she could see my soul by looking into my eyes.  She didn't have an answer for that.  Maybe she was never required to take a class in philosophy.===JU:  Allow me to share a true story.  A lady received news that her father had 3 months to live due to a terminal Illness.  She became deeply depressed and prayed for comfort.  A bright ball of light came up beside her.  This light remained by her for the duration of the last days of her father's life.  When he passed, the ball of light left.  She again started to become depressed.  But she had told some of her christian friends about this light earlier.  One day they asked if she would share her experience with the Christian circle they were part of?  At first she resisted but agreed.  As she stood before the group, she suddenly began to sob uncontrollably.  Then told them about the ball of light, and explained when she stood in front of them that looking at their faces the same light of the ball shone from their eyes.===JACK:  I, too, have seen the LIGHT.  I'll have to tell you about it sometime.

FROM ST PAUL:  i always felt sooo badly for Chuck L and his rare skin condition.  but he did not let that slow him down very much from what i could tell.  a really nice guy by all measures.===JACK:  His wife, Martha, was a saint.  She saw beyond the skin condition.  In a way, I'm glad that you had to remind me on that situation.  In a way, it means that it is not a high priority in my memory bank. ===SP:  and that says a lot about you too!


FROM SR RD:  Right now, my face is sad and a bit angry!!! We had a disagreement!!!  Pray for us, Jack!===JACK:  "All sunshine makes a desert."  Even the disciples had their disagreements.  I will pray for "understanding" and for "a willingness to forgive."  Thank you for your friendship.  You are a saint !  

 

 


No comments: