Wednesday, August 31, 2022

 

Jack’s Winning Words  8/31/22
“Then I have a new worry. If God dies, who will run the world? I hope it’s not the Nazis”  (Jennifer Roy – from the book, Yellow Star )  I plan to visit our local Holcaust museum soon. I want….no, I need…. to see the tree grown from a sprig of the Anne Frank tree, a railroad car used to send Jews to killing centers, and one of the yellow 6-pointed stars used as a humiliating mark of identification of Jews by the Nazis.  I’ve talked with survivors.  It is hard to believe that anyone would want to live under a dictatorship with freedom taken away. I have chosen to “preach” about a God of love who tells us to love one another as He has loved us. Have you found a way to show love to other human beings?  ;-)  Jack. 


FROM EMT SINGS IN TC:  The Bible Study group that I was in (and still am a part of via zoom) visited the Holocaust Museum years ago. You will never regret going or will not be the same after seeing it! ===JACK:  Some museums are for entertainment.  The Holocaust one is for education.


FROM JOE ANN:  My husband loves me when I stop chattering . I must love him because chattering is my favorite thing to do! Have a sunny day Jack ===JACK:  I'm trying to remember the song, Chatterbox.  Do you know it?.


FROM SK IN SJ:  I saw Anne Frank’s house. Very small space for them. Also, so very bad for the Jews in that Dictatorship. We need to be better than that! Let God make the choices. Our America is too greedy. Can’t take money and possessions with you when you die. It’s just stuff. Hope you trip was good. Hope to see you again soon! ===JACK: I never thought I'd see the day when a large number of Americans were willing to risk voting for a dictatorship...but I have.


FROM DANDI SANDI:  Good morning. We just had another visit to the Holocaust Museum here with a group of friends, mostly non-Jews who wanted to participate in the experience with us. Our docent was a retired local prosecutor named Michael, who guided us with knowledge and stories. He was amazing. An adult child of a now-deceased survivor spoke with us at the end of our tour. Always an emotionally moving experience, especially horrific in the midst of our current political scene. No words.  ===JACK:  Do you know any of Jewish heritage that are deniers of the Holocaust?


FROM COPPER COUNTRY BOB:  Amen!    I've been at the museum.  We've taken our kids and grandkids to the museum.  But America is sure tottering on the edge of authoritarianism.  God have mercy.===JACK:  As the song goes..."When will they ever learn?"


FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  you do remember what can happen when freedoms are revoked! hope you vote accordingly this time ===JACK:  I've been satisfied with Brandon.


FROM WOODWIND JACKIE:  This is the day that the Lord has made,  Let us rejoice and be glad in it!===JACK:  The Hour of Power always began with those words.


FROM BLAZING OAKS:  I've been there and it is devastating, yet a mindful reminder of what can happen if we are indifferent or unconcerned!!!===JACK:  Several generations have not known the horror of Nazism, except for what they read in history books...if indeed they read history books.  And now, if we're forbidden to teach history, where are we headed? 




          

No comments: