Friday, June 10, 2022

 Jack’s Winning Words  6/10/22

The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.”  (Nelson
Mandela)  The Toastmaster’s Club was formed to help people overcome the fear of speaking in public.  That fear is often listed as #1 among people.  If not that, is there some other fear that you have?  I could never work at building skyscrapers.    There are countless phobias, all the way from acrophobia (fear of heights) to zoophobia (fear of animals).  Whatever our fears, we can be comforted by the words of Jesus, “Fear not; I am with you always.”  When you find yourself in “one of those situations,” be brave and remember the saying…Wherever I am, God is!”     

FROM LS IN WB:  Good morning.  This quote is one I live. I am a toastmaster.  I became a toastmaster to conquer my fear of standing in front of others and sharing. Lessons learned and close friends made in Northwood Toastmasters are forever lessons I use each day.    Prayers and thought of you for an abundance.  I continue to read and look forward to your Winning Words. ===JACK:  My fear is not so much -standing in front of a group and speaking - It is the fear of failing to say something that is meaningful to the group.  It's a burden to bear...but it tends to keep me focused as I prepare for what I intend to say.  

FROM SHALOM JAN:  God does not drive my car across the Mackinac Bridge, but the Mackinac Bridge Authority provides drivers who do this service.  The cables going by in my peripheral vision give me vertigo; God has provided safety for me in the MBA service!===JACK:  I've heard of that bridge experience, but I didn't know that it was vertigo.  I watched Hitchcock's "The Birds" recently, but I'm not up to watching his "Vertigo."===LS:  If you touch one person, you have made a difference that will be paid forward. You are not responsible for touching a group - the good lord has that - those for whom your winning words are suppose to touch will in fact be so touched.  Let go of perfection.  Your winning words are guided to those who are directed to receive. Perfection is in honoring your inner voice bringing you to share just what you need to share.===JACK:  Thanks, I needed to read that.  


No comments: