Wednesday, June 08, 2022

 

Jack’s Winning Words  6/8//22
“Without the light, no chance; without the dark, no dance.”  (William Blake or Margaret Atwood)  One of my high school classmates was called, Mr Smooth, because of how gracefully he could dance.    One of my regrets is that I never learned to dance.  But, so what?   I did manage to read the Dale Carnegie book, How To Win Friends And Influence People. Today is Best Friends Day.  Best Friend, or simply a Friend…friends are a real blessing in time of need…and just for fun, too.  I know of someone who had Warren Buffett as his best childhood friend, and that friendship continues.  What do you see as the qualities of friendship?  ;-)  Jack


FROM COPPER COUNTRY BOB:  Greetings friend!    And thanks for being light on my journey.===JACK:  On our way, rejoicing, gladly as we go.  I like that song.


FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  i never dance in public.===JACK:  ...so. you never went to a prom?  Neither did I.===LIZ:   first of all, i do not believe in proms, homecoming dances or similar school-sponsored matchmaking services. this is not the middle ages.===JACK:  Whether you believe in proms, or not, they exist in many place...and are BIG business.  Just an observation....The Villa (and places like that) were thought of by outsiders as places for the "snooty-ones" or places where parents could send their children to be protected from the "riff-raff."  I'm just reporting and observation with no evidence.  secondly, i went to private school... st katharine's, graduated from the villa... no prom or homecoming, tho we had a winter whirl dance. i went to fancy dinner/drank, as it was 18, then... but i do not dance in public. it's a weird ritual, isn't it?


FROM SK IN SJ:  I think the meaning of Friends who stick by you, have a lot of same values, like to be together. I appreciate your’s and Joan’s Friendship.😊❤===JACK:  You certainly provide a warm welcome when the door to your home opens.  The food is good, too,  I can imagine that in days gone by you "cut a mean rug."


F️ROM WILLMAR REV:  "Never doubting it?!?!" 0;-)===JACK:  i'M SUSPICIOUS OF THE ONE WHO HAS ALL OF THE ANSWERS.  WE ARE SEEKERS AFTER TRUTH.===REV:   "I'd sure give you the benefit of any doubt?! 0;-)===JACK:  I'm comfortable with what I believe, but I'm ready to admit that I don't have of the answers to all of the questions. 


FROM KQ:  My dad (Byron Swanson) and Warren were buddies to the end!  Warren came to visit him on his last birthday - April 22, 2017!  He brought Dad an autographed Tom Osborne football!  Pretty special friendship! ===JACK:  It was special for your dad to have Warren as a friend.  It was special for me to have your dad as my friend.  Someday I should tell you how that friendship was almost "botched" by me.


]

 



No comments: