Friday, June 03, 2022

 

Jack’s Winning Words 6/3/22
“You’re off to great places.  Today is your day.  Your mountain is waiting.  So get on your way.” 
(Dr. Seuss)  I remember when I first heard this quote at a high school graduation ceremony.  I’ve gone to many graduations, and this Seuss quote is the only one I truly remember.  Maybe I remember it, because I think it’s so relevant for graduates.  Jesus often preached so that even the children could understand.  He used stories (parables) that got the attention of all.  When you go to a graduation (or a worship service), what is it that you expect to hear, or want to hear, or need to hear?  ;-)  Jack


FROM SHARIN' SHARON:  Thought-provoking WW again this morning.  You touched on a lot here—great places, mountain, scriptural? Mt. Sinai, Mt. Zion?; Jesus’ preaching that got the attention of all, I want to hear something that helps me sustain continuing faith that the preacher is shepherding me into the Mind of Christ, into the Heart of God, Truth, law and Gospel that I can live my life by in a really ethical and faithful and loving way, acting beyond myself in relationship with God and neighbor.  I want to be freed to be authentically human in a higher calling.  Always enjoy Dr. Seuss, he lifts the spirit higher.  I appreciate the WW and your paragraph commentary,===JACK:  You're doing a GOOD job of reaching upward and traveling onward...at least in my opinion.  I haven't checked with God and His opinion, but, in your, case, I think that He agrees with me.


FROM WILLMAR REV:  "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him was not anything made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men" (John 1:1-4). 0;-)===JACK:  I don't remember hearing that verse at a Graduation...maybe at a Baccalaureate.  Do they have Baccalaureates anymore?===REV:  Central Bible College, Springfield, MO, 1970! “Go forth and preach the Word unto all nations!” 0;-  


FROM GOOD DEBT JON:  In a recent graduation ceremony I watched (Hillsdale University, Michigan) the speaker, Jordan Peterson, counseled graduates thusly, "Don't overestimate your present self, but also don't underestimate who you could become."===JACK:  That's a SAVER!  How did you happen to be at Hillsdale?  I didn't know that they had changed from "college" to "university."  What's the difference?  Do the speaker's words happen to relate to that name change? 


FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Love 💖 Dr . Suess!!!===JACK:  Love the subtle Suess messages.


No comments: