Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 6/18/19
“My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me.”  (Benjamin Disraeli)  In most cases I like to be with agreeable people.  I’m not into confrontation…political, religious or ethical.  It’s not that I avoid confrontation, I just enjoy friendly conversation.  What I don’t like is argumentation.  Bantering back and forth agrees with me.  Disraeli might too conservative and erudite for my taste, but I could probably learn something by conversing with him.   ;-)  Jack


FROM ANNE McC:  I don't mind  discussing and arguing.  It is the sarcasm and disrespect that seems to accompany it.  Another Anne Marie story.  I was driving to Irish dance class with Mac, Anne Marie and sister, Catherine.  I asked Anne Marie, about 12 years old, what she would like to do when she grows up.  She answered that she would like to be a lawyer.  I asked why and she answered that she would learn how to argue.  I told her that she was Irish and born to know how to argue.  We all laughed.  My mother and father were farmers from Ireland.  My fathers family owned a pud on the farm that still exists, only bigger.  My father was the oldest boy of three boys; four sisters. He did not want to be a farmer.  He was also a member if the IRA at 14 which may have contributed to his desire to leave   At our family dinners, we always discussed politics and community.  As the children grew, sides were taken.  We did not always agree at the end of the discussion, but we were not mean to one another.  We each knew we were right..  Ha Ha===JACK:  Thanks for the Ha Ha response.  I had an Irish Catholic aunt who would have fit in very well at your dinner table...complete with the accent.

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  problem is,  he is no longer with us:):):)===JACK:  If you were invited to a White House dinner would you attend?  ...or, do you only to sit down and talk with those you agree with?===PAUL: i would not go to the Trump White House,  as fun and exciting as that may be.  i just cannot in any way endorse this man.  he is too sick in my opinion.===JACK:  You could go wearing your WWJD? wrist band.  Jesus was accused of associating with "sinners".  You would have an opportunity to say "face to face" all of your repressed animosity! 

No comments: