Thursday, June 13, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 6/13/19
“Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you.”  (Anne Lamott)  When I first began using a computer I learned that problems could be fixed by “rebooting.”  For me, it means to turn off the machine and start it up again.  People sometimes need to be rebooted.  Have you heard the expression, “Give it a rest?”  The body works better when it’s rested.  The Lord knew what he was doing when he created a day of rest.   ;-) Jack  


FROM SF IN WBT:  Yes. I need to unplug a little every day to personally recharge! That’s the introvert! ===JACK:  When two introverts come together they seem to reboot and become extroverts.  at least, it works with me.

FROM DR J:  So why are you sending out an email at 4:59 AM????? Rest that body! Reboot! ===JACK:  Mailchimp is my new servant.  I've trained that monkey to work for me while I get some extra zzzzs.

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  maybe he should have created two days of rest!===JACK:  So, what other commandments do you think need improving? ===PAUL:the first three speak of our relationship with God.  as a culture,  i think we need to revisit these 3 for sure! ===JACK:  Luther tried to do something like that when he wrote, "What does this mean (?)" after each of them.  Maybe you're suggesting a modern day "What does this mean?"  Times change.  Mores change.===PAUL:  Harry Wendt who wrote the Crossways Bible Study series has written a modified Apostle's Creed.  it is just excellent.   if i can find a copy,  i will send you one.===JACK:  I'd like to see his re-write of the commandments.
  

No comments: