Tuesday, June 04, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 6/4/19
“Never iron a four-leaf clover, because you don’t want to press your luck.”  (Unknown)  I’ve been watching that guy on Jeopardy who’s won lots and lots of money.  Is he lucky or smart?  I’ll bet he doesn’t carry a 4-leaf clover.  When I was a teen I had a nickel with “tails” on both sides, in case I played “heads or tails” with someone.  “When I became an adult, I gave up childish ways” says the Bible…and also, my friends found out about the “lucky” coin.   ;-)  Jack 


 FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  the big winner on Jeopardy is a professional gambler by trade.  notice how he doubles nearly all his bets and he also starts at the bottom of the column, not the top. (the big money is at the bottom)   and he tries to find the daily doubles.  also,  he must have a photographic memory.  and he very seldom guesses.   i wonder if he is going to bankrupt the show!:):):):)   have a good day,  JACK===James is really smart, but last night he wasn't smart (lucky) enough.  The winning streak came to an end, but $2 qnd a half million dollars is nothing to be sneezed at.  (...to be sneezed at...Have you ever heard of (or used) that expression?===PAUL:  i have indeed.   btw,  why did James change his strategy last night?  it cost him in the end.  kind of strange.===JACK:  ===PAUL:  i have indeed.   btw,  why did James change his strategy last night?  it cost him in the end.  kind of strange.===JACK:  His streak of Bad Luck began when he chose a "Double" with his first pick and had no money to double.  He also had the misfortune of being up against a smart cookie...a woman at that!  ===PAUL  watch out for those Chicago librarians!   they will get you every time!:):):)===JACK:  At Bible Camp they should have posted a sign: LOOK OUT FOR THOSE AUGUSTANA LUTHERAN WAITRESSES.

FROM BB IN CHGO:  Pretty funny.  We saw the Jeopardy winner on Trevor Noah a few weeks back.  Apparently the strategy is to hit the buzzer first.  I do think he’s quite intelligent.===JACK:  Apparently he practices the buzzer at home.  BTW, did you know that he lives in Naperville?  I wonder if he's a member of Our Savior's Church?

FROM INDY GENIE:  Good one!  (The thought is a young  con-man Jack makes me chuckle:) ===JACK:  Don't tell me that you were always a perfect angel!===GENIE:  Who, me?

FROM CHAIR YOG CAROLYN:  As we embark on the 8 limbs of yoga today - next week we will discuss in depth the Yamas - one of them being non- stealing ( two tailed nickel).  : D  Summer is proving to give opportunities for gardening which I consider a privilege of divine  tender.  Wishing you the best day.===JACK:  Does getting down on your knees count as yoga?  For me, it's the getting up from that position is the hard part.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Good laugh!  The guy on Jeopardy was both informed and strategic.  He played the odds.  You however, were lucky to have a two tailed coin! ===JACK:  Sometimes you make your luck.===JUDY:  That is true.  Actually, I don’t believe in luck.====JACK:  So, you probably have never bought a lottry ticket.  How are you ever going to become a millionaire?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thoroughly enjoy. Thanks.