Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 7/5/17
“Excellence takes time.”  (John Wooden)  John Wooden was probably the greatest of all college basketball coaches.  He was particularly concerned with the way his players put on their socks.  “His” way helped prevent blisters.  He was listened to, because he was focused on excellence.  Whether it’s a sports team, a business…even a church.  Success goes along with paying attention to the details.  I’ve been fortunate to have had some “Woodens” in my life.    ;-)  Jack

FROM HONEST JOHN:  Prof Holcomb....that's why he won....over and over again====JACK:  Did he teach you how to put on your socks (or how to dress) before a debate?

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Are we ever excellent at anything?  I got to thinking about it and I'm not sure I'm excellent at anything.  I do things very very well but excellent?  I'm not sure anyone is excellent.  However, striving for excellence is a wonderful goal.  I shall strive for excellence today!!!  Forward!====JACK:  Usually we don't grade ourselves.  It's the teacher who does that.  In grade school our grading system was E (Excellent), VG (Very Good), G (Good), P (Poor).  I remember once getting a P in Deportment (Do you know what deportment is?)

FROM RS IN TEXAS:  ..and Coach Wooden was a great role model and leader for the young men fortunate enough to have played for him.

No comments: