Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 7/11/17
“If you scatter thorns, don’t go barefoot.”  (Italian Proverb)  There’s a book,,,”How to speak Italian when you don’t know Italian.”  If I ever go to Italy I’m taking that book.  A good word to know is Boh (I don’t know) said with a shoulder shrug.  Andiamo (Let’s go) is also the name of a restaurant near where I live.  (Lasagna vito aperto è fantastico!.)  My favorite Italian saying is Ancora Imparo (I’m still learning), spoken by Michelangelo.    ;-)  Jack

FROM COPPER COUNTRY PASTOR:  I’m preaching at Pelkie on Sun.  It’s the story of the generous Sower of the good seed.   thus, I will use your word as a   “no - no”  comparison. ====JACK:  I'm glad that you can use it.  Don't forget to use your "artificial inseminator" illustration, too.

FROM KC:  I'm going to read that book.====JACK:  I suppose you're the only one in the family who needs it.  You can loan the book to me after you're done.

FROM TARMART REV:  The Italians have a thin waffle cookie that appears during the holidays called a Pizzelle. Fran made some to share with the ladies of the church on an occasion and our daughter brought a few up to the church office to share with our Scandinavian secretary. She said that looks like "Krumkake" (she pronounced it as if "krum ka ka" to which our daughter looked puzzled.
In our home we often heard Fran say, "That looks like cucka (poop)." Maria thought secretary was calling Fran's Pizzelles "coon cucka". A laugh enjoyed by all!!====JACK:  It must be a barrel of laughs to be married to an Italian, or is it the other way around?  ...for an Italian to be married to you?  Do you use a lot of hand gestures?




No comments: