Friday, July 14, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 7/14/17
“When my arms can’t reach people who are close to my heart…I always hug them with my prayers.”  (Snoopy)  A confirmation student once asked me if her dog would go to heaven.  I made the mistake of trying to give a theological answer.  I might better have said, “If dogs have a heaven there’s one thing I know…old Shep has a wonderful home.”  One thing I like about Charlie Brown’s dog is the way he expresses his feeling of happiness…by dancing!    ;-)  Jack 

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  it would not be heaven without dogs.  the pope even said so recently. for what that's worth!====JACK:  I saw a couple of Therapy Dogs in the hospital recently.  They were angels!====LIZ;  you won't see therapy cats.====JACK:  Maybe not in hospitals, but I know of some people who have them in their home.====LIZ:  cats are very therapeutic for their owners.
gisela told me cats can shed spontaneously due to stress. it is true. like a porcupine throwing quills or something!

FROM PEPPERMINT MARY:  God bless Snoopy. I do the "Snoopy Dance " when big projects are done. It's been witnessed by many. I am sure they would testify ♡====JACK:  As the years pass, is it more like :slow dancing?"

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  God knows every little sparrow who falls.  If he cares that much, surely he would take of them always!!====JACK:  It is comforting to know that God is omniscient!

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  That's what I told my scattered grandkids, "I hug you with prayer every day".! Good  ol' Snoopy!  For some of the elderly, a hug hurts due to sore shoulders, etc. So we clasp hands and say, :Hugs"! In the nursing home I hug very gently when I call on them. But hugs are so affirming, aren't they?!  Prayer is, too, so hope Snoopy and we keep on dancin'. There is usually SOME reason to be happy during a day!====JACK:  One of the associates in my doctor's office is Dr. Hug.

FROM LH IN FH:  This is wonderful.  How is it that I never saw it before???  I always read Peanuts. I’m going to make a screen shot of it and add it to my “quotations” file.====JACK:  There's something new to learn every day, if you keep your eyes and ears open.

No comments: