Monday, July 03, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 7/3/17
“America’s a family.  We all yell at each other, and it all works out.”  (Louis C.K.)  I’m not a fan of TV’s Family Feud; in fact, I’m not a fan of feuds at all.  There’s too much animosity in our world.  Don’t you agree?  I’d like to see people try to get along together.  If there’s hope for an end to all of the feudin’ and fussin’,  it’s with those who seek to be conciliators.  “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will called, the children of God.”    ;-)  Jack

FROM TARMART REV:  Amen, and again I say, Amen!!====JACK:  It sound like I've gotten into an AG auditorium.

FROM GUSTIE MARLYS:  I'm not a fan of any of the sitcoms of today.  Too much sex, violence and stupidity!====JACK:  Family Feud is a game show...and you wouldn't like that one, either..I'm sure! ====MARLYS:  I have watched it and I don't like it.  Whatever happened to shows like "What's My Line"?

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  "Family Feud" is not a program we watch at all but I do love "Pyramid".  I loved it when Dick Clark was the host.  Now they have suggestive titles and it ruins it for me.  Do you notice how much suggestive sexual material is everywhere?  So many programs are unwatchable to us!====JACK:  TV shows program that sell.

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  Amen to that!!

FROM WATERFORD JAN:  You are so timely!====JACK:  Some fireworks are fun to watch.  Others are just disgusting.

FROM SHALOM JAN:  You and the Moravian Daily Text are on the same page today.  Blessings to you and yours as we celebrate our independence, our freedoms, and our opportunities for peace.
Heavenly Father, you bring us together in community and in friendship. May we honor each other with your love, and may we live more in the fullness of a humble life at peace with your glorious salvation. Amen====JACK:  You may recall that the ELCA and the Moravians entered into full communion in 1997.  Someone said that "They are from the same sheepfold.":  

No comments: