Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 8/25/15
“Happiness is an inside job.”  (Uknown)  There’s a song, Laughing on the Outside, Crying on the Inside?  Wouldn’t it be nice to be happy on both sides?  It can start with trying to have a positive attitude.  Yes, there may be clouds, but Look for the Silver Lining…as another song goes.  I watch a newscast that usually ends with a positive story.  There’s good out there, if we just look.  A. Lincoln said, “A man is about as happy as he makes up his mind to be.”    ;-)  Jack

FROM TARMART REV:  "I'm so happy, here's the reason why, Jesus too my burdens all away! Now I'm singing as the days go by, Jesus took my burdens all away...Once my heart ways heavy with a load of sin, Jesus took my burdens gave me peace within...Now I'm singing as the days go by, Jesus took my burdens all away!====JACK:  I know that song...and I'm a Lutheran, too!

FROM DP IN MPLS:  I have to thank you for all your W.W.  Looking at your words is the first thing I do every day, but you would not know that because I seldom respond.  There is always something meaningful to swallow  to start my day, and I appreciate that!====JACK:  Each day I send out WWs with a prayer that those who receive them will be blessed by what they read.  I guess it works.

FROM WHITTY:   Thanks for todays word. As I face  my second knee surgery on Sept 9th, I will carry these words with me.====JACK:  The surgery and the healing begin with a positive outlook ...and a prayer to the Lord to be involved.

FROM PEPPERMINT MARY:  happiness is an inside job!  it's our job to do our best to share the happy.  happy people have a glowy aura.  i'm sure you know what i mean.  i've been singing the "happy like a room without a roof" all day.  another good one is "happiness runs"!====JACK:  The one I like is not a kid's song, but Bobby McFerrin brings a smile to my face when he sings..."Don't worry; be happy."

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  "Happiness is to know the  Savior, living a life within his favor, having a change in my behavior, Happiness is the Lord.  Real JOY is mine, no matter if teardrops start; I've found the secret: It's Jesus in my Heart"....A perky little song my cherub choir belted out in days gone by...with several verses, all with some "Zing"! Yes, indeed, old Abe got it right, you MAKE UP YOU MIND TO BE HAPPY!  Or at least  positive in trying situations...Good WW today!====JACK:  And our kids always liked to sing..."If you're happy and you know it..."  Especially the part...STAMP YOUR FEET!

No comments: