Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 8/12/15
“The way we see problems is the problem.”  (Stephen Covey)  Everybody’s got problems …big, small, and tweener.  Problems are simply choices that we have to make each day.  S.C. says that problem-solving begins with correctly pinpointing the problem.  “What’s your problem?”  Calmly look for all possible solutions.  Prioritize, and then follow through.  If “1” doesn’t work, try “2”, etc.  And, remember the adage, “Not to decide is to decide.”    ;-)  Jack

FROM HONEST JOHN:  I have found that I have the best luck in dealing with problems by concentrating on my role....Do I need to change?   If so, how?====JACK:  That's a good way to look at it.  The problem is static.  The problem-solver must (change) look at it from different angles.  If the problem is not static, it presents a new problem.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Not to decide is to decide....Hunter S. Thompson says it this way:"A person who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance."  A wordier version. Sometimes if you lay out a  problem before you go to sleep, your subconscious will work on it, and you "think" of a solution in the A.M. I've had this happen!  ====JACK:  I like William Cowper's hymn, "God moves in a mysterious way his wonders to perform."

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:   I usually solve problems by 1) figuring out if it's my problem or someone's:  2) Decide if it's something I need to change or deal with 3) decide how I would handle it.====JACK:  There are certain types of clothing where one size fits all.  It's not always that way with solving problems.  We each have to deal with them in our own way, given particular circumstances.

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  it's good to learn how to be in shape for life. you're so smart, you could take an online physics course.====JACK:  This coming Sunday I'm preaching a sermon with the title, God Sometimes Allows Do-overs.  If I could do it over, I might take a course in physics.  If I could do it over, I'd........



No comments: