Friday, August 14, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 8/14/15
“Ours is a generation bloated with information and starved for wisdom.”  (Arianna Huffington)  There’s wisdom in the funnies.  Charlie Brown comes to Lucy for psychiatric help.  Lucy says, “You need to develop a personal philosophy.  Think hard!”  Charlie responds, “Life is like an ice cream cone.  You have to lick it.”  Lucy yells, “That’s the most stupid philosophy I’ve ever heard.”  Now, think hard!  What’s your philosophy of life?  5 cents, please!    ;-)  Jack

FROM HONEST JOHN:  Wisdom is being in tune with God.   We too often are flat or sharp. ====JACK:  We used to sing this song in Sunday School...
I have a song that Jesus gave me  It was sent from heaven above;
There never was a sweeter melody  'Tis a melody of love.
Chorus:
In my heart there rings a melody  There rings a melody with heaven's harmony;
In my heart there rings a melody  There rings a melody of love!

FROM MY LAWYER:  Live and let live; do unto others as you'd want them to do to you and help to repair the world.  How's that?====JACK:  I'll buy that!  Yours is not a stupid philosophy.  But... What about "pray for those who don't subscribe to this"...and "turn the other cheek"?  Things become more difficult for us when taking the next step on going the extra mile.

FROM IKE AT THE MIC:  My philosophy of life is:  "If you really want to get anything done, you'll find a way & if you don't you'll find an excuse."====JACK:  It seems that a lot of people are subscribing to your philosophy.

FROM WATERFORD JAN:  I'm pleased to know that your lawyer and I agree that the Golden Rule, its source widely known, agree on a good philosophy for life.====JACK:  Did you know that Penney's was originally called, The Golden Rule store?  The founder, J.C. Penney, believed that his clerks should treat all customers according to the Golden Rule.====JAN:  I had forgotten that about J. C. Penney's (along with a lot of other things that I've forgotten).  It has been a long time since it was advertised by Penney's.  My recent experience with Penney's has been pleasant because of the good-natured, efficient cashiers.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Very very true Winning Words!  Truth is hard to find now a days and with it wisdom.  It's a blessing to know our truth and wisdom come from a good book... The Bible!====JACK:   "The B-I-B-L-E, that's good enough for me etc."

FROM JMK:  This was so cute! Made me smile, and it's true too!====JACK:  I'm glad that they republish the Peanuts comic strip.  I read it every day on my computer.

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  do your best always.====JACK:  Then...good enough is not good enough, is it?

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  HA! Good old Charlie Brown...Several Women in our church did a program called, "Charlie Brown and the 'Secret of Life".  I was Lucy, and we did the psychiatric sketches; It was funny and also some good thoughts on life. (Linus in particular...but all the characters were fun.) We gave it many times around IL and MO, and when Jan moved to our area, she was the best ever Snoopy!!  Good memories!   I wrote the program from a book called "The Gospel according to Peanuts. :-)  I think we often feel the truth of today's WW...so much technology, but so little wisdom...====JACK:  A favorite musical of mine..."You're a good man, Charlie Brown."  Did you ever do that one?

No comments: