Thursday, February 10, 2011

Winning Words 2/10/11
“Nothing is impossible. The word itself says, I’m possible.” (Audrey Hepburn) As I was pondering what to say about Audrey’s quote, someone sent me a uTube story about a woman in Texas who makes beautiful quilts, even though she’s blind. “Lack of sight is an inconvenience for me. I want to be an encourager for people who sit on the couch and say, ‘Woe is me.’ God has really blessed me.” ;-) Jack

THE uTube STORY
Check on site below...........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lfaSmDxVZQ

FROM HS IN MICHIGAN: Brilliant! FROM JACK: Ashleigh Brilliant is one of my favorite writers. I hsve several of his "Brilliant Thoughts" books. One that I like: "Everything is under control, pehaps even the universe."

FROM PEPPERMINT MARY: i'd like to be audrey hepburn when i grow up. she did such great things for the world. she made things possible for others whenever possible. FROM JACK: I'll bet if Audrey had been given the opportunity, she would have liked to be you. But, life is such that we paddle our own canoe.

FROM MOLINER CF: "The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer." USMC FROM JACK: Did you have a needlepoint of that saying in your office? MORE FROM CF: A stupid thought crossed my mind. WW is like a minstral show with you as the interlocutor. Think about it. We're all End Men answering your questions. FROM JACK: Inter(locutor)? Inter(esting)!

FROM SH IN MICHIGAN: what an interesting and thought-provoking WW. Yesterday afternoon I was with a small group of people, studying the Bible and the conversation turned to the various healings they had either experienced or seen being experienced by other people. How interesting to realize that, even though the body is going through some inconvenience and it may not be healed in a miraculous way that the blessings of God often are greater than even simply bodily healing. And, further, that that can have such an impact on all those around oneself. These WW have really lifted me up this morning and encouraged me. FROM JACK: "All things are possible to the one who believes." (Mark 9:23) Now, what does that mean? You could have a whole study, just on that verse.

FROM JE IN MICHIGAN: God has blessed me in so many ways I cannot count all of them. Jack, stay warm and thank you for Audrey’s words today! FROM JACK: The weather reminds me of the announcers in the "Groundhog Day" movie: "Brrr! It's cold outside." Audrey reminds us that there are people who are more than the image that they project. That goes for you and me, too.

FROM PRDM IN MICHIGAN: Your words are powerful! May I share your address with members of our
parish...? FROM JACK: Some congregations post WWs on their website every day. Another church adds the names of council member and other church leaders to my WWs address file. Whatever works.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Interesting. At one time I might have agreed. But I'm wondering how possible it would be now-a-days to get a Democrat to vote for a Republican or vice versa. Hummmm. It guess it could happen... :-) FROM JACK: It's too bad when we let outside influences drive us from our basic values. One of the values that I learned (and try to hang on to) it's good to try and get along with people. It's valued in the home, in a marraiage, in the neighborhood, in the community, in the church, in the nation, in the world. We cannot give up on trying to get along with people.

ANOPTHER THOUGHT FROM CF: Fortune Cookie at lunch today, "If you can't decide up or down try moving from side to side." FROM JACK: I like it!

FROM IE IN MICHIGAN: How about: "WOE for pessimists is WOW for OPTIMISTS"/// FROM JACK: WOW!

FROM MINNESOTA DOT: My computer tells me I have an outdated browser, so I couldn't see the quilts, but I have a blind friend here, and woe is she, but she never complains. I marvel at her every day. FROM JACK: I had an aunt who was blind. She did her own cooking on the gas stove. If she got too close to the flame, her hair would occasionally start to burn. She'd smell that and simply reach up and pat out the fire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what an interesting and thought-provoking WW. Yesterday afternoon I was with a small group of people, studying the Bible and the conversation turned to the various healings they had either experienced or seen being experienced by other people. How interesting to realize that, even though the body is going through some inconvenience and it may not be healed in a miraculous way that the blessings of God often are greater than even simply bodily healing. And, further, that that can have such an impact on all those around oneself. These WW have really lifted me up this morning and encouraged me.
S.H. in MI