Monday, February 24, 2020

Jack’s Winning Words  2/24 /20
“History is written backwards but lived forwards.”  (Madeleine Albright)  Someone who grew up in Nazi Germany told me what it was like in those times.  “We were young; we did what we were told, believing that it was right.”  Looking back, he said that he’d have acted differently.  Given past experiences, and looking forward, are there things that you’d do differently…if there were  do-overs?  Today is a new day with new beginnings.  Take advantage of it!   ;-)  Jack 


FROM GOOD DEBT JON:  She often quotes Soren Kierkegaard, "Life can only be understood backwardsbut it must be lived forwards."Still a great quote. ===JACK:  I'm glad that we don't have to footnote everything we write or say.  Madeleine was a commendable Secretary of State.

FROM WILLMAR REV:  If too many “do-overs” were granted we perhaps wouldn’t have that overcoming and greater established character present as such today?!?! 0;-)===JACK:  Thank God for do-overs.  "The grace of God passes all understanding."===REV:  If too many “do-overs” were granted we perhaps wouldn’t have that overcoming and greater established character present as such today?!?! 0;-) ===JACK:  The good thing is that God never tires of forgiving you and me.

FROM BOBBY CEE:  It is a variation of the Merlin story.  King Arthur sought Merlin’s counsel because Merlin could foretell the future.  When Arthur ask how Merlin was able to do that, Merlin said that he was born an old man and lived his life backwards, and one day he would die a baby.  Although it is impossible to live our lives backwards like Merlin, we are able to describe our preferred life legacy and work backward from that, always knowing how we should have lived our lives 5, 10, 20 years before the legacy is realized.  We can live a life consistent with our life legacy starting today.===JACK:  It's always a good day when I learn something new.  Thanks for being my teacher.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  No do-overs!  God has guided my path and each wrong turn, I was guided to yet a better road.  Mistakes, yes...but always ended up better for it.  Regrets, yep but I learned each time.  Wouldn’t change anything.===JACK:  "You are forgiven; go, and sin no more" is a do-over.  I've heard those words more than a couple of times.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  No! Everything has worked out perfectly so far -except for losing dear ones! That is God’s plan for me I guess!===JACK:   There's a hymn, "Be not dismayed what e'er betide, Go will take care of you."

FROM PRFM IN WI:  Thank you Jack, one of my favorite quotes from someone who served us well ===JACK:  The past isn't always so bad.===P:  Maybe it is a matter of moving yourself – and making other changes your self!===JACK:  All and all, you seem to have had a good life, in spite of the latter changes.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Really good words! I'll share with my adult S.S. class.  I'd sure like a do-over at how I handled one of my middle son's problems. Often think about it, tho it was years and years ago, and expressed my regret to him, which he graciously took with good humor, as was his wont in life. A  caution for me to take the long look forward when assessing a situation, and forget my pride, and "what will people think" mentality!  (Of course people don't "think" nearly as much as
I'd assumed!) :-(===JACK:  It's tough to be a PK and also a PW.  Think what it must be to be a P!


No comments: