Monday, July 22, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 7/22/19
“There’s no half-singing in the shower.  You’re either a rock star, an opera diva, or you’re not.”  (Josh Groban)  What’s your favorite shower song?  Singin’ in the rain?  Shake it off?  I feel pretty?  Wake me up before you go?  There are scientific reasons why shower-singing is better than karaoke.  It has to do with the tiles.  Josh calls the shower his “confidence cube,” where his favorites are usually from classic rock…especially those by Journey.   ;-)  Jack


FROM HONEST JOHN:  Most of my favorite songs are either hymns or swing music from the 40s and 50s.===JACK:  One of m,y favorite Shower-Songs is sung to the tune of the Battle Hymn of the Republic...
I wear my pink pajamas, in the summer when it's hot. 
I wear my flannel nighties in the winter when it's not. 
And sometimes in the springtime and sometimes in the fall, 
I jump right in between the sheets with nothing on at all.
Chorus:
Glory, glory, Hallelujah; 
Glory, glory, What's it to you? 
Balmy breezes blowing through ya, 
With nothing on at all.

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  the one i like is:  what's that thing growing on my back?!!  yikes ===JACK:  Have you ever sung The Freckle Song?  "She's got freckles on her, but..."===SP:  No, I haven't.   but it sounds like fun.===JACK:  

THE FRECKLE SONG by Hank Penny - YouTube

===SP:  where do you get this stuff??    too funny===JACK:  My father brought The Freckle Song  home when I was about 20.  I thought that it was hilarious.  In fact, I still have that 78 rpm record.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Have to smile at that quote. Your voice does resonate in the shower,  bit-time. Who knows what song will come to mind when you step inside a shower stall?! :-) I know a great variety to choose from; Musicals, Big Band era, folk and church. My songs from The King and I, and Music Man are some favorites....Just keep singing, it lifts the spirit!!===JACK:  In the Music Man, I like it that 76 Trombones and Goodnight My Someone use the same notes, each with a different tempo.  I like them both.  Didn't you once play Eulalie Mackechnie Shinn?  Was that a type-cast?
===OAKS:  Ha! Maybe a little...We all like to feel "important" and in charge?! I loved that part, and the musical!  Wish I'd been young enough to play Marion, but no Muni in Dixon or Elgin...Springfield had many opportunities for singers and actors, but by then I was  40; not too old to play Mrs. Anna in the King and I, or Irene in IRENE, so lucky
me!===JACK:  Ahhhh!  But you were once a Marion and an Anna.  Enjoyable times!   ===OAKS:  Wonderful memories, and thankful for a spouse who "let me be me", and proudly supported me in my acting endeavors.===JACK:  ...and the endeavors that were not staged.  I'm sure that there were times when he just shook head and smiled. 

FROM KF IN FL:  Pm “Day is Done” Peter Paul & Mary AM “You Raise Me Up” Josh Groban. ; )===JACK:  AM Hymn "Rise up, O Saints of God" - PM  "Day is dying in the West"

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  If I had a voice like Josh’s I’d be singing too!===JACK:  Why don't you try singing, "You Raise Me Up"?  A new career for you????


No comments: