Wednesday, July 08, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 7/8/15
“Friendship is a powerful healing force.”  (Dr Joel Kahn)  Dr K is a holistic cardiologist in the Detroit area.  He claims that you can maximize your health by eating the right foods (he’s a vegan), not smoking…and by developing friendships.  He quotes an African proverb:  “If you walk fast, walk alone.  If you want to walk far, walk together.  Grabbing someone’s hand and walking together through challenges may be the most powerful health tool.”    ;-)  Jack

FROM LPB IN PLYMOUTH:  I am glad to name you among my friends.====JACK:  Friendship is best when it works both ways.

FROM TARMART REV:  ...can even happen today, walking hand in hand miles apart through social media!! Maybe not the best-- but better than being without it, when it comes to family and friends! ====JACK:  Sousa wrote a march, Hands Across the Sea.  If he were alive today, he might write a new march, Hands Across the Internet.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  FRIENDSHIP & FAMILY are certainly powerful forces.  The hand of a life-mate makes the walk so much easier, and certainly missed when no longer there!  Who was it said, "If I had a choice between a million bucks or a million friends, I'd take the friends. They should each be worth a buck if I was ever in need!"          I just read a good thought, which has nothing to do with WW today, but worth passing on:"Silence is not only Golden, it is seldom misquoted". (Bob Monkhouse)====JACK:  Did you and your sister ever sing this song:
If you're ever in a jam, here I am
If you're ever in a mess, S.O.S
If you ever feel so happy you land in jail
I'm your bail

It's friendship, friendship, just a perfect blend ship
When other friendships have been forgot
Ours will still be hot
A-lottle-dottle-dottle-dig-dig-dig

And if you're ever down a well, ring my bell
And if you're ever up a tree just phone to me
A-yes-sir-ee
If you ever loose your teeth and you're out to dine, borrow mine

It's friendship, friendship, just a perfect blend ship
When other friendships have been forgate
Gate?
Ours will still be great
A-lottle-dottle-dottle-chuck-chuck-chuck

If they ever black your eyes, put me wise
If they ever cook your goose, turn me loose
And if they ever put a bullet through your brain
I'll complain

It's friendship, friendship, just a perfect blend ship
When other friendships have been forgit
Ours will still be it
A-lottle-dottle-dottle-hep-hep-hep

If you ever loose your mind, I'll be kind
And if you ever loose your shirt, I'll be hurt
If you're ever in a mill and get sawed in half
I won't laugh

It's friendship, friendship, just a perfect blend ship
When other friendships are up the crick
Ours will still be slick

A-lottle-dottle-dottle-woof-woof-woof, hep-hep-hep
A-chuck-chuck-chuck, a-dig-dig-dig
Good evening friends

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  I am so grateful for my friends!  They helped me through many a rough road.====JACK:  I've heard of the death of 3 old friends this week and am reminded of this poem...
Make new friends, but keep the old;
Those are silver, these are gold.
New-made friendships, like new wine,
Age will mellow and refine.
Friendships that have stood the test-
Time and change-are surely best;
Brow may wrinkle, hair grow gray;
Friendship never knows decay.
For 'mid old friends, tried and true,
Once more we our youth renew.
But old friends, alas! may die;
New friends must their place supply.
Cherish friendship in your breast-
New is good, but old is best;
Make new friends, but keep the old.



No comments: