Friday, July 10, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 7/10/15
“Just remember there is someone out there that is more than happy with less than what you have.”  (Unknown)  When I first read this quote, I could not help but STOP and put aside my personal complaints.  I have so much, and there are so many who have so little.  Is it that way with you?  It’s an old saying, but it’s true.  “I complained, because I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet.”  There are many reasons for us to be generous with our riches.    ;-)  Jack

FROM SBP IN FLORIDA:  For sure!!====JACK:  I've just finished reading this morning's newspaper...which reinforces my thought of being thankful for what we have.

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  i don't have a job... you are welcome to share your riches w/me! ====JACK:  I don't have a "snappy" response for that...only to say that the unemployment statistics are more than numbers.  If only "we" could see the faces behind them, I think that more of an effort would be made to do something about it.  May God open a door (or a window) for you.

FROM HONEST JOHN:  If you have been blessed, then you need to be a blessing..... ====JACK:  Does blessed/blessing have meaning, other than in the religious sense?====JOHN:  Interesting question.  Not sure where you are going with it.====JACK:  What I was getting at ---"Blessing" is something connected with a religious practice.  Is there a word that the secular world might use to indicate the religious concept of blessing?

FROM RI IN BOSTON:  Today's quote and your commentary are irrefutable, a nagging reminder that we often fall victim to what "we want" instead of what "we need"!   Giving a bit can help others more than we can imagine.  An apt motto seems to be, "Here and there, choose to share".====JACK:  Sometimes I see myself as sort of a nag...but, then, I'm reminded of this admonition:  "The job of the pastor is to afflict the comfortable, and to comfort the afflicted."

FROM SBP IN FLORIDA:  We each have keys to our own storehouse of riches available for sharing....love, compassion. time, empathy, TLC, physical/mental assistance, friendship... to name a few. Our wealth abounds in many forms.

FROM ART:  Good morning, Jack.  This one strikes me as an especially good reminder.  Thanks, and keep up your good work.====JACK:  Consider these WWs as a cyber string on your finger.  ====ART:  A cyber string on my finger!! That is really creative, Jack.  I never would have thought of that expression.

FROM TARMART REV:  What little I may think I have would be like a gold mine to the vast majority in third world countries, and many here in the United States as well. I am thankful, less appreciative then I should be, I'm sure. 0:-/====JACK:  You might be interested in Googling, WorldClothesLine.com, which tells the story of a young lady in our community who is doing something creative to help those who are needy.====REV:  Very innovative for sure . . . similar story floating around our way about a young lady finding infectious worms getting into the feet of those from a particular third world countries . . . she comes home and starts an outreach where groups take old jeans and plastic milk containers . . . cutting them to a certain size, mailing them off to a place that makes sandals for folks there that protect them from the worms. We pulled our young teenagers and some adults to put  together a very large order to send their way.====JACK:  I am inspired by many of today's young people.  I'm satisfied that the future is in good hands.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  Every day is a day to be thankful.====JACK:  Each day ought to be Thanksgiving Day.

FROM CHESTER THE GOOD:  “Just remember there is someone out there who is more than happy with less than what you have.”====JACK:  Thanks for the reminder.  Sometime when a person is interviewed for a job, they are asked, "If you knew that you would be stranded on a desert island, and you could only take three things, what would they be?  OK, Chester, "If you knew that you would be stranded.....?"

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  A VERY GOOD REMINDER! I'VE BEEN TO MANY COUNTRIES WHERE OUR "LITTLE" WOULD BE A BIG TREASURE TO THOSE FOLKS. NOW THAT TV IS SO AVAILABLE, EVEN IN UNDERDEVELOPED COUNTRIES, THE POOR ARE MORE AWARE OF THE AFFLUENT LIFE IN AMERICAN AND EUROPE. I SAW TINY TVS ( 5 OR 6") IN ONE ROOM HOVELS IN INDIA, (THE CITIES) AND THE CONGO, WITH THE FAMILY GATHERED IN FRONT TO WATCH PROGRAMS! AMAZED ME!  WE SHOULD BE SO VERY THANKFUL FOR OUR ABUNDANCE, AND WILLING TO SHARE!====JACK:  My daughter recently visited a little out-of-the-way house in Italy.  When she said that she was from Detroit, they said in Broken English..."Oh, Detroit!  We watch Hardcore Pawn!"

2 comments:

SBP said...

For sure!!

SBP said...

We each have keys to our own storehouse of riches available for sharing....love, compassion. time, empathy, TLC, physical/mental assistance, friendship... to name a few. Our wealth abounds in many forms.

NNTP