Thursday, July 13, 2006

WINNING WORDS 7/13/06
“Happy he who learns to bear what he cannot change.”
(Schiller) I’m not so sure that happy is the appropriate word, but we each must walk on our own path. What word might you choose? Regardless, I have great respect for those who carry their burdens with dignity. ;-) Jack


FROM PETE P. IN S.H.
I think the AA prayer goes something like "give me the strength to change what can be changed and tolerate what can not be changed and the wisdom to know the difference"


MARTHA HAD A SUGGESTION
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances. Martha Washington (1732 - 1802)

WHICH REMINDS ME OF THE WORDS OF ST. PAUL (Posted by Jack)
"I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content. I know how to be abased and how to abound and how to suffer need. I can do all through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:11 (Fred M. sent it, too.)

how about challenged? (From Jan R.)

A THOUGHT FROM T. LUNDEEN
Maybe "Content is he" ?

No comments: