Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 7/28/15
“Enthusiasm puts a twinkle in our eyes and gives us confidence in ourselves and changes a pessimist into an optimist.”  (Found in L’s drawer)  In the study of Greek I learned that the word, enthusiasm, means to have the spirit of God in you.  Making room for God in your life will not only put a twinkle in your eye, but it will cause other changes…a mind to think his thoughts, hands and feet to do his work.  A little boy heard his stomach growl and said to his mother, “I think I hear God talking to me.”  Is your stomach growling?    ;-)  Jack

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  who is "L"??====JACK:  Most of the time I post personal things anonymously, so "L" simply represents someone who happened to send me a writing about enthusiasm which she found while doing some house cleaning.

FROM SBP IN FLORIDA:  Yes. "He walks with me and He talks with me and...."====JACK:  It's a big word...anthropomorphism.  It explains what God was doing when he created Jesus.  The unknowable became knowable through the human, Jesus.  We can visualize Jesus (God) walking with us and talking with us.  We can comprehend the the incomprehensible when Jesus is put before us.  I guess that's enough theology for now.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  My husband always said that enthusiasm was my greatest gift..I hope so!  It is a much needed commodity for any endeavor or personal relationship!  L's drawer contributed a winner today!===JACK:  A preacher seems to be encouraged by a few "Amens" whether they happen during the service or  afterward.  For Bill to say "Amen" to you, I'm sure, was appreciated.

1 comment:

SBP said...

Yes. "He walks with me and He talks with me and...."