Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 7/15/15
“People always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be.”  (Marcel Pagnol)  Edith and Archie used to sing, “Those Were the Days,” when…Glenn Miller played…no welfare states…people seemed content…and the old LaSalle ran great.”  What do you remember about “the good old days?”  I happen to agree with Marcel.  Each age is what it is, a mix of good and bad…and we move on to the future.    ;-)  Jack

FROM TARMART REV: ...couldn't wait until I got older...I guess I have arrived?!====JACK:
If you were really old you'd remember a LaSalle.

FROM JB IN THE SHORES:  You are going to be seeing this quote right back to you in my Friday commentary this week!   It’s awesome and so very true.====JACK:  I had never heard of the author, Pagnol.  In cases like that, I try to look up something about him/her.  I found that Marcel is much like most of us.  We are who we were.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  How very true!  We look back with mostly rosy glasses.  The present is fraught with peril and yet with joy for the good times.  The future is scary yet hopeful.  Our families met for a week long family reunion in Grayling, Michigan.  It was a real eye opener for my older sister Valerie and I as we realized we were the oldest ones left!  We were hailed as the Matriarchs of the family.  Scary but fun too!====JACK:  The Grandfather/Grandmother Clock song becomes more and more relevant with each added birthday candle.

No comments: