Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 7/14/15
“I tell you folks, all politics is applesauce.”  (Will Rogers)  It’s over a year until “the election,” and I’ve already had my fill of applesauce.  Back in the old days, “applesauce” meant nonsense or foolishness.  Some current euphemisms: big brother…born-again…politically correct…the one percent…ethnic minority.  They are code words for saying what we mean, without saying it.  Will R. also said, “I never met a man I didn’t like.”  Our world needs more like him.    ;-)  Jack

FROM HY YO SILVER:  Scalia used a similar phrase recently.====JACK:  It's dangerous to use a work such as, ALL.  "A lot of" might be a better choice of words.

FROM EDUCATOR PAUL:  I happen to like our current pope. In a Q and A with reporters, this is what he had to say about his lack of comments regarding the middle class. "A: Thank you so much. It's a good correction, thanks. You are right. It's an error of mine not to think about this. I will make a comment but not to justify myself. You're right. I have to think a bit."  How unusual… a leader who Needs to think a little bit before opening their mouth.====JACK:  A lot of folks pontificate who aren't Popes.  Pope Francis is a breath of fresh air among some of the stink of this world.

FROM TARMART REV:  I can remember him back in the early fifties with his rope and yarns on TV-- went through his museum in Claremore, Oklahoma while being of grade school age. ====JACK:  I'll bet if you did rope tricks while waiting at Target and Walmart, you'd get more people stopping by to talk.  Google has a variety of sites where you can learn how to twirl the rope..

FROM GOOD DEBT JON:  Not only that, but “bitter” applesauce….====JACK:  Somebody has to do the job, or we lose our democracy.====JON:  I think the problem is they (PACs) buy both sides and there is no effective election…====JACK:  I'd like to think that my vote isn't for sale.  "My country, right or wrong...It's still me country."

No comments: