Tuesday, July 11, 2006

WINNING WORDS 7/11/06
“To remain young while growing old is the highest blessing.” (German Proverb) I’ll have to remember this when they sing the birthday song for me. Do you have some suggestions for staying young during the aging process? ;-) Jack

HOW ABOUT THESE SUGGESTIONS FOR STAYING YOUNG?
Jack..Yes I do..but they are not original I'm sure..1.Stop talking so much and listen more..I mean listen..be intrested in what others are trying to tell you..2.Get involved with young people..this world needs mentoring..but don't be a know it all..3.Do something you have always wanted to..take an art class..write a book..collect your friends favorit recipies and have them printed and passed around 4.Write 2 positive letters every day..to a grandchild to a teacher or coach to a business owner or city worker telling them what a great job they are doing..5..Have bottles of cold water in thr fridge for the mail man,rubbish people,news paper boy,grass cutters down the street..watch the smiles it brings..6..Stop in a nursing home and ask the workers who hasn't had a visitor lately and go make a new friend..7..Stop looking in the mirror! Some thoughts from the coach.. (Larry B.)


AND MORE SUGGESTIONS (This time from Fred M.)
Keep reading non-fiction, daily work the puzzles, like Cryptoquip, Jumble, Crossword and Sudoku! And if you have any remaining time, exercise!

MARY L. SPENDS HER DAYS OPERATING A NURSERY SCHOOL (Her Suggestion)
pal around with the 3-5 year old crowd. they are the fountain of youth!
aging gracefully, mary


AND HE LIVED TO BE A HUNDRED
Keep moving and have a sense of humor. (My Dad thought it was a Manhattan every day and a joke)
...From Nancy G.

FROM PETE P. IN S.H.
Today for lunch a friend and I stopped at a McDonalds, The gal behind the counter who took our order was seriously older. My first thought was, isn't that too bad with our screwed up economy that a nice lady of that age needs to work at all let alone in a burger joint. Then I had second thoughts, maybe this keeps her juices flowing, keeps her dealing with young people, keeps her from sitting alone in the dark worrying. I don't know which of those thoughts come closer to reality but I stopped feeling sorry from a very nice lady.

FROM C.H. ON CAPE COD
I guess I know what is meant by this - but ---
it is very sterotypical/ prejudiced against aging isn't it?
What if I said: OK to remain young means to remain impulsive, rash, naive, inexperienced, focused on materialism, self, getting ahead...etc. I'm obviously exaggerating... I'll think about it and eventually (when I'm old) come up with a modified and better proverb!

No comments: