Thursday, December 08, 2022

 Jack’s Winning Words  12/6/22

“I can’t get my hand on it, but we’re just not quite where we should be, as the greatest democracy in the world.  And I don’t know how you correct it, but I keep hoping that there will be a change in my lifetime.”  (Bob Dole)  On every election cycle I have my favorite candidate…and Dole was not mine during his time.  But, over time I have come to admire him as a man and as a wounded veteran.  There never seems to be enough time and enough opportunity to see the whole picture.  It’s no “sin” to make wrong decisions.  We do it all of the time.  That’s why God has given us such a thing as Grace (forgiveness not deserved). I presently have the feeling that democracy has been preserved in my lifetime.  WHEW…!!!  ;-)  Jack

No comments: