Friday, April 10, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 4/10/15
“If you are looking for a friend who is faultless, you will be friendless.” (Rumi)  Rumi has been called “the most famous poet in the U.S.”  Why haven’t I heard of him?  It turns out that he is really famous as a Persian poet of the 13th century.  I’ve found that you can learn something new every day if you want to look for it.  Facebook lets us “friend” people and “unfriend” them, if we choose.  The record for FB “friends” is 8924.  How many are faultless?    ;-)  Jack

FROM TARMART REV:  The record for Friday's faultless Facebook “friends” is 0 . . . Hopefully back with you on Monday, faults and all!!====JACK:  Have you ever "unfriended" someone?  I have.====REV:  I have a couple of "unfriend's" with those overseas...one was a young lady using a discovered fake picture and story of her parents dying in an accident...was asking for a Bible at first, before a cell phone...I did send a Bible, I unfriended her thereafter. The other was a couple of "pastor/evangelists" in Kenya looking for $$$...after referring them to our General Council of the Assemblies of God Foreign Mission Office, they fell out asking after that. Get some of those ever once in awhile. 0:-/====JACK:  The computer makes it easier to "unfriend" someone.  I don't know that I've ever done it face to face.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Faultless friends are few indeed, but warm-hearted, loyal and "forever" friends are fantastic, and so appreciated in life, and those of us who have been blessed with many years, have seen the loss of many good ones! A melancholy lesson of  advancing years is the realization that you can't make old friends!  I don't do face book, so can't "friend" and "unfriend"...but "meet" new people on you WW blog, Jack!====JACK:  Through a variety of sources (Google, et al) the computer has allowed us to renew old friendships and make new ones.  Some people still have pen-pal friends.  BTW, I just saw a friendship bracelet hanging on my bulletin board.  I wish that I could remember who gave it to me.

FROM CHESTER THE GOOD:  Can you imagine getting 8924 "postings" per day?====JACK:  If I connect with 1 good friend, the day is a success.  And if not, I can sing the hymn, "What a friend "I" have in Jesus."

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  Just  look for the good in everyone.  I am fascinated by the people that I meet all over the world.====JACK:  I once was talking to a friend of mine who was a successful politician.  We were talking about some people were being critical of him because of his stand on a particular issue.  "They're really good people.  We just happen to disagree on certain things."  He was probably successful, in part, because he saw the good in people.

No comments: