Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Jack’s Winning Words 5/6/14
“I have a new philosophy.  I’m only going to dread one day at a time.”  (Charles Schulz)  People love “Peanuts,” because the dialog is like real life.  Which of these do you remember and relate to?  “Why me?...Good grief…I’m still hoping yesterday will get better…Wouldn’t it be nice if we could fast forward through the crummy times…Life is like an ice cream cone.  You have to lick it one day at a time…Rats!”    ;-)  Jack

FROM TARMART REV: 
The more I trust Him, the more I love Him
Nothing good for me He'll deny
The longer I know Him, the better I can show Him
I couldn't stop now if I tried
It gets sweeter as the days go by
It gets sweeter as the moments fly
His love is richer, deeper, fuller, sweeter
Sweeter, sweeter, sweeter as the days go by
====JACK:  Sweet!

FROM CS IN WISCONSIN:  Plan to share this with several friends we have who are going through some very difficult health situations.  I guess I can include myself in this one.  I have been trying to deal with all of it one day at a time – good days and not so good days.  Often wonder if I’ll ever be back to what I thought was “normal” life again.  Don’t complain too much as I’m able to be up and doing things – not like others in hospitals or rehab centers!  I am very thankful for that!!! 
Hope you are enjoying some lovely sunshine today.====JACK:  As the song goes..."One day at a time, Sweet Jesus, That's all I'm asking of you."  Your name is on my daily Prayer List.  And...the sun is shining brightly today.

FROM JM IN MICHIGAN:  "Rats!" has become one of my favorite expressions -- it's a lot nicer than some others that are "out there" and it is short for texting.====JACK:  Another short one that I like is..."AAUGH!"

FROM PLAIN FOLKS CHESTER:  In a strip where he was at his school desk and had gotten an "A" on a theme he had written complimenting his teacher. He turns to a fellow student and says, "Sooner or later you learn what sells."====JACK:  Recently I was talking with a pastor about taking a course in "Marketing."  Pastors are also in the business of "selling."

FROM INDY GENIE:  Good one Charlie Brown!!====JACK:  I'll never forget the time you and your sibs sang for me..."You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown."====GENIE:  Thanks for remembering. We had so much fun singing together ....still do when we get the chance.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Ha! Jan and I and some of our church friends traveled with a "charlie Brown skit to many churches" entitled "The secret of Life" full of his sayings, and "lessons'" People loved it. I got to say "RATS' as LUCY, AND JAN WAS A VERY ENERGETIC  SNOOPY!  Brings back fun memories!! ====JACK:  I'll bet you can still remember some of the dialog.  I still read the Peanuts comic (reruns) each morning on my computer.  Also, The Fusco Brothers.

No comments: