Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Winning Words 6/2/09
“Life is like an ice cream cone. You have to lick it, one day at a time.” (Charles Schultz) There are some people who inspire me with the way they handle life’s problems. They live like the words of the old Timex commercial: They take a lickin’ and keep on tickin’. Do you know people like that, too? BTW, I miss the creative talent of Charles Schultz, but I am thankful for reruns. ;-) Jack

FROM M.T. IN PENNSYLVANIA: Good one! :-)

FROM L.G. IN MICHIGAN: Good one, Jack! I love Charles Schultz, too! One of my favorite people gave me some of my most beloved characters and wisdom! Keep 'em coming! FROM JACK: Which character do you relate to? I think Snoopy describes me best.

FROM HILLTOPPER JOHN: I like to take nice bites out of my ice cream cones....licking is for wimps

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: Or, take a big bite and get an ice cream headache. FROM JACK: I've never gotten a headache from eating ice cream. When I was a kid, I'd go to Prince Castle and get a pint of fudge ripple (with a spoon) and eat the whole thing.

FROM MOLINER C.F.: Was Charles Schultz a writer who could draw or an artist who could write? I suspect the former. Whichever it was, he communicated like no other.

FROM CJL IN OHIO: Not always in the flavor you like... JACK'S REPLY: Ain't it the truth? I almost always choose butter pecan; I choose others sometimes, but I don't remember choosing something strange. I'm afraid that I won't like the flavor. Yes, sometimes life causes us to taste those things we would not choose.

FROM F.M. IN WISCONSIN: Jack, as I read this WW, I thought of friend who died on Pentecost, Arnie Tiemeyer. Arnie licked a lot of issues in the area of social justice in his ministry.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Ah ice cream! My absolutely favorite treat! And Charlie Brown's Christmas Special was one of my favorites too. I know a lot of folks that keep on tickin'! In fact, if I ever got some more dogs, they would be named Timex and Seiko...they'd be my "watch" dogs.

FROM A.S. IN MICHIGAN: These are really cool. I haven't been on a blog. I guess it is time to start. JACK'S REPLY: Ice cream is meant to be cool. Now, you're on the blog. Welcome.

No comments: