Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Winning Words 6/9/09
“Hypocrite: mouth one way, belly ‘nother way.” (Australian Aboriginal proverb) We read references to hypocrites in the Bible, and we may have met one or two, but I think that this description is one of the best I’ve seen. The word has a Greek origin and means: a play actor, a phony, a deceiver. Jesus said, “Do not be as the hypocrites.” ;-) Jack

FROM MOLINER G.S.: Some, like this one, are very good. Where do you dig these up? My jokes come mostly from 3 guys. JACK'S REPLY: You should see the stack still to be used. I'm anxious to send out tomorrow's, because I think that you'll like that one, too.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Wow, I have to ponder this one! Just the mental imagine is strange mouth one way, belly 'nother way! Does give a good description of a deceiver! Great Words!

FROM S.G. IN TAMPA: Mother Angelica used to give this advice to a caller who said he didn't go to church because he knew too many hypocrites who went-'one more won't matter." JACK'S REPLY: The church isn't the only place where hypocrites are found.

FROM CJL IN OHIO: You remember that stuff from Wahlstrom? JACK'S REPLY: No. Tell me about it.

FROM MOLINER C.F.: Hipocrite motto - Don't do as I do, do as I say.
JACK'S REPLY: Preachers have to take the Hypocritic Oath before they step into the pulpit.

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: Hypocrite: A disingenuous heart coupled with a mind intent on
deception.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

really cool proverb!!!!! one so concise and pithy I think I'll be able to remember it. Thanks, Pastor Freed.
S.H. in MI