Friday, June 19, 2009

Winning Words 6/19/09
“If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.” (Regina Brett) Thanks, Regina, for a week of good quotes. They’re pretty good for a 90-year-old who turned 53 in the space of a week. I will send the whole list of 45 to anyone who hasn’t seen it. Think about her quote that was used today. Picture it your mind. It is sooooo true! ;-) Jack

FROM S.T. IN MICHIGAN: So true! Thanks and have a great weekend.

FROM HILLTOPPER JOHN: When you say "it's so true" do you mean in a relative sense? If so, what makes it not "true"? JACK'S REPLY: I suppose that it's relatively true. In my mind, it's true. I don't know about your mind.

FROM MOLINER LIZ: Nah, I'd go for someone else's. JACK'S REPLY: They my tagline, "It is soooo true," is really false.

FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: good things can come out of the mouths of 53-year-old babes. i'd love to see the entire list. grateful that regina wrote them down for me. this 53-year-old didn't have the time!

FROM MOLINER C.F.: Something;s going on. Your hot link isn't working and hasn't all this week. I think Brett has put a hex on you. Also noticed that it is not in color as usual...may be a clue.

FROM S.G. IN TAMPA: Who is this Regina Brett, Jack? I must have missed the details when I was in Texas.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: It's so easy to fall into a "Pity Party" as we call it. But just listen to those around you and your problems become so very small. This is my favorite quote so far in Winning Words. This will go on MY computer...and I don't have any there yet! Good ones. A blessed weekend to your bloggers and YOU my friend!

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: Isn't that the way of the world? They think they have to trade problems or have some consistently. Why not throw your problems on the pile and forget them? Unless this WW assumes throwing them on the pile doesn't solve them? Maybe Regina meant if we "compared" problems with others we'd probably prefer our own. Now that makes sense, I know my problems intimately--they are mostly self inflicted. Brevity is not one of my problems...

FROM CJL IN OHIO: You're right...on both counts!

FROM CWR IN B'MORE: ......we've both been around long enough and in a spot (vocationally) to know that quote to be true.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Turning her and your words around in my mind and reflecting and it does seem to me that my problems end up being problems that help the world to solve "causes" that I end up being particularly interested in. Don't think anyone else's problems would match up so well for me or the world. Tricky quote today, Pastor Freed, true but I am struggling to understand why.
Peace,
S.H. in MI

Anonymous said...

It could be that a person's problem is having what someone else doesn't have. For example a rich person having the cause of helping poor persons. That's certainly a problem a person would grab back.
S.H. in MI