Friday, March 27, 2009

Winning Words 3/27/09
“git ‘er dun”
(Unknown) I saw this bumper sticker on the car next to mine in the parking lot yesterday. It goes together with similar ones staring at me from beside my computer…JUST DO IT! and GET TOUGH. GET OFF YOUR DUFF! and HEY YOU, GET BUSY! I guess we all need a prod now and then. My son once commented that pastors need a boss, and he wasn’t talking about God.. ;-) Jack


SOCRATES: Let him that would move the world first move himself.

WILLIAM WIRT: Genius, unexerted, is like the poor moth that flutters around a candle till it scorches itself to death.

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: Are you kidding? Git R Dun is the catch phrase of Dan Whitley better know as Larry the Cable Guy. He is the top earning comedian of all time. He makes $250,000 a night. An estimated 30 million last year. If you don't catch him on Comedy Central you may notice his name on the Forbes Richest in America. I assume you are playin' dumb for the Joke Jack, if not dude just look anywhere other than MSNBC. Larry the Cable guy is to Rednecks what the Pope is to Catholics

FROM PR J.S. IN MI: Your son is right on the money. We have too many pastors who don't know how to manage their time nor their priorities. Some are so involved in synod and extra curricular activities that they don't do the job for which they are paid....leading the local congregation in its mission. Others simply don't do any real job....they spend their time on Facebook or whatever. WE have church after church sliding into decline and the blame rests mainly with the pastors. It's a crime....literally....taking money under false pretenses.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: I'm sure you have heard by now that a country comedian says that all the time...it's his "line". I can't remember his name, but it's his tag! And you are right, not only pastors need a boss, but we all need someone to tell us to "git'er dun"! And that's a good thing!!! Happy Friday!

FROM B.G. IN MI: I have a boss. She is on the church's staff.

FROM H.S. IN MI: Good one today FROM JACK: I know that you have a boss.

FROM E.A. IN MI: I think at various times in our lives we all need a "boss" be it G-D, a wife, a real boss or someone interested in us.


FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: one of my favorite t-shirt/bumper sticker message is, "jesus is coming...look busy". saw it many years ago in a shop in indianapolis. FROM JACK: I suppose you and your sister had your aprons on.

FROM CJL IN OHIO: I like Satchel Paige's "Don't look back, some thing might be gaining on you". That's kind of like "git 'er dun". Your son is right!

FROM B.P. IN NAPLES: This is the slogan of the comedy star Larry the cable guy. He has hats shirts etc.


FROM MOLINER C.P.: I THINK THAT SAYING WAS STARTED BY " LARRY THE CABLE GUY." AT LEAST HE ALWAYS SAYS IT WHEN HE`S BEING INTERVIEWED , LIKE ON THE JAY LENO TONITE SHOW.

FROM CWR IN B'MORE: ........Amen......and that's not the end of a prayer, but the resolve of the pray-er.

FROM MOLINER C.F.: "Forward, March!' is a moving command.

FROM A.W. IN ILLINOIS: Conscience and a messy desk always served me....until I retired. Last year I entered the messiest desk contest in our local paper. Did not win, but got a hazing from a neighbor who saw the picture. Thanks for your messages.





















No comments: