Thursday, March 26, 2009

Winning Words 3/26/09
“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.”
(Marcel Proust) After reading about Proust, I see some things with new eyes. Research does that. Most of us have an ample supply of preconceived ideas. I recently had new lenses put into my eyes, but to see with “new eyes” means to be willing to adjust some thinking and some opinions. Who knows what exciting things we might discover when we dare to do that. Change is not necessarily a bad word. ;-) Jack


FROM SONGWRITER JON: “When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” Is Wayne Dyer’s modern version of Marcel’s words. FROM JACK: I occasionally watch Dyer. Be sure to Google Proust sometime today.

FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: I think for as long as I've known you, your "vision" has been quite exceptional. FROM JACK: Which end of the telescope are you using?

FROM PR J.S. IN MI: "Change" is not necessarily a good word either. It is something to be thought about and considered. It is something to be open to but not necessarily the answer. FROM JACK: Change from one rut to another doesn't make things better, but to get out of the rut is better than staying in it. MORE FROM J.S.:
Not necessarily. My Dad used to drive his feed trucks in the ruts because if you got out of them, it was practically impossible to get anywhere on the old farm roads. Sometimes old ruts take us to the best places....----- REPLY FROM JACK: That's right! It depends on the situation.

FROM S.G. IN TAMPA: Is it like all the lights are on now? FROM JACK: It needed to be done, and I'm glad for medical technology.


FROM CJL IN OHIO: Change is a necessary word & fact of life....

FROM MOLINER C.F.: Change, good or bad, is in the eyes of the beholder.

SOMETHING ELSE I HAPPENED TO SEE TODAY: O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us. (O would some power the gift to give us to see ourselves as others see us.)
Robert Burns, Poem "To a Louse"


FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Opening eyes sometimes mean the best thing are right in front of us...that doesn't change is good or bad, but sometimes just looking at the same thing differently makes all the "change" in the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One reason I like Bible studies so much and want to invite everyone in is because of this itch to grab onto everyone I can--old ancient people all through the Bible and contemporary people and, through their sharing and getting into the nitty-gritty of life and relationship to God, try to get my eyes to see through their eyes. The more eyeballs the better my own vision gets (or so I like to believe but if I'm changing for the better really might most truthfully reside in the eyes of those beholding me, when did I cloth You, feed You, etc? I myself don't necessarily know)
Thought-provoking WW again today.
Thanks!
S.H. in MI