Friday, February 27, 2009

Winning Words 2/27/09
“One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and, if possible, to speak a few reasonable words.”
(Goethe—Thanks to J.K. for send this to me) Wolfgang suggests doing four things each day. Today, I’m making a list. After I send WWs, I plan to cross off #4. A Sousa march will be #1; something by Carl Sandburg; for #3; I’ll probably pull up the DIA website and see what interests me. Why not make your own list. Goethe would like that. ;-) Jack



FROM M.L. IN IL: welcome to the world of a preschool teacher. i am blessed with these things each day. it's a wonderful life.

FROM A.S. IN MI: I'll hear a bit of John Denver ,read a little Carl Sandburg , walk around my own gallery and appreciate Claudias art work and send a little message to Jack FREED!

FROM MOLINER C.F.: And hug your kids.

FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: Are you familiar with Sandburg's "Limited"?LIMITED by Carl SandburgI am riding on a limited express, one of the crack trains of the nation.Hurtling across the prairie into blue haze and dark air go fifteen all-steel coaches holding a thousand people.(All the coaches shall be scrap and rust and all the men and women laughing in the diners and sleepers shall pass to ashes.)I ask a man in the smoker where he is going and he answers: "Omaha."It's one of my favorites. JACK'S REPLY: Mine, too. Also, "Grass." It has the same theme.

FROM BBC IN IL: I'm reading Goethe now - my first one - and enjoying it so much.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Very good words. I usually make a mental list of what I would like to do each day...most days I accomplish what I start out to do....and these are easy words. I am reading the Old Testament for Lent. I am intrigued by those wonderful old words from God. It's on my list each day.

FROM A.W. IN IL: I would add: find something funny, and share a smile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been in the position of not being able to speak any reasonable words and seem to have been in relationships with a goodly number of other people who have not been able to speak any reasonable words, maybe you can picture how we all look like, so I would like to add "smile at least a little bit."
S.H. in MI