Thursday, September 18, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 9/18/08
“It is dangerous business going out your front door.”
(Tolkien) The alternative is to stay cooped up inside all day. Who wants to live like that? A little bit of danger adds zest to life. What is there that has added zest to your life lately? ;-) Jack

FROM F.M. IN WI: We don't go out our front door very often - when we leave we go out our 'back' door, into the garage. That makes us able to take one of our two cars - use the service door to the yard, or I take my bike for a ride. Yesterday I rode over 10 miles - today I took the car and make a call on one of our shut-ins and visited one of our local pastors - who is still serving at almost 70 years of age.

FROM B.S. IN FL: Who knows Jack. My wife refuses to go out on the trail for exercise. So she misses all the chickies who say "Have a nice Day" to me, My problem, I am trying to get rid of fat so my blood sugar will drop, so I can't stop to jawbone. You realize how rough life really is?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed F.M.'s comment. At our church we don't go in or out our front door either. Someone built the church with the idea of steps going up to heaven or something. It really looks nice to see the bride and groom coming down them but mostly for all the rest of us we prefer to go in and out the back door. I think the coffins come down them.
Sharon