Thursday, July 03, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 7/3/08
“When you thought I wasn’t looking, I heard you say a prayer, and I knew that there is a God I could always talk to, and I learned to trust in Him.”
(From MRH, a Moliner friend) Someone wrote this about the influence of a mother. Today, even though it’s the eve of the 4th of July, and not Mother’s Day, think of some of the ways in which your mother has influenced you.. ;-) Jack


FROM PR J.S. IN MI (Formerly from East Moline): I would think anyone from Moline would be in serious need of a God!!!!

FROM M.L. IN IL: some poeple wear the "wwjd" bracelet. i wear an invisible "wwsd" bracelet and look at my wrist often when making a decision. shirley was the kindest, least judgemental person i have known and have yet to meet again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

By sheer life circumstances she was thrust into the theology of trying to figure out what God was asking concerning infant baptism and adult believer's baptism. I don't know anyone else who took it all so seriously and, more importantly, impacted some of us around her so that we actually acted in different ways than we might have otherwise.