Monday, March 03, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 3/3/08
“Do not listen to those who weep and complain. Their disease is contagious.”
(Og Mandino) Augustino Mandino was one of the great salesmen of his day. He was the head of Success Unlimited. To help combat his alcoholism, he directed his life toward positive thinking. Today’s quote comes from one of his motivational talks. ;-) Jack


FROM PR J.S. IN MICHIGAN: "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted"

FROM MOLINER, G.S.: His boss was, W. Clement Stone. He had a pencil mustache and wore bow ties. Founded Success Unlimited. He coined OPM, which means using Other People's Money. Heard him speak in Springfield IL long ago.

FROM D.S. IN SAN DIEGO: Hmmmmm, I'm surprised you would even send THIS one out. JACK'S RESPONSE: I sent it out especially to those who whine and complain about Obama!

MORE FROM D.S.: Yes, I know. "Don't confuse me with the facts, I've made up my mind". I don't recall who said that, but I know it was a Democrat. FROM JACK: F. SCOTT FITZGERALD. Since he was rich, he probably belonged to the GOP.

FROM MOLINER, G.S.: My definition of success is simple: happiness and peace of mind - you are successful, even if you lean left a little.

FROM BBC IN ILLINOIS: My father read him four decades ago - he was a household word for us. I never realized he was an alcoholic. Interesting motivation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually this is one Winning Words which I wonder about. Upon reflecting upon them, I find that I do listen to those who weep and complain--especially when they seem to be separated out of the community. I think in the AA meetings people start out with their stories, as honestly as they can get the stories out and people listen and people are brought back into community because they have been able to move from listening to acceptance to having positive thinking. The church can learn a lot from listening to all those who weep and complain and don't stay in the community. The disease which is contagious I think is an ear disease not necessarily a mouth disease.
Sharon