Friday, March 21, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 3/21/08
“Father, into your hands I commend my spirit.”
(Jesus) In crisis times we come to the realization that there is a spiritual connection with what’s happening. Ultimately, we must put the situation into God’s hands. I think that this is a particularly good quotation for today. ;-) Jack


FROM L.K. IN OHIO: AMEN

FROM PR J.S. IN MICHIGAN: I'm preaching on that Psalm this evening at St. Andrew. I really like the translation "commit" my spirit better. I think it gives a stronger understanding of the intent of the Psalmist. He is in deep need of trsting someone and a commitment is what he needs to make. The same for Jesus. He is not in a spot where simply "commending" does the job. He needs to make an absolute commitment at that point in time.

FROM L.H. IN MARCO: Today you are quoting someone who has credibility and is the One who truly offers hope.

FROM B.G. IN MICHIGAN: Very “good” word on this particular “Friday”.

FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: remember...there is a green hill far away...without a city wall.
where our dear lord was crucified...he died to save us all.


FROM G.G. IN INDY: I've heard those words so many times before but today I feel like I just heard them for the first time. I love when that happens! The word spirit really pops out this time. I agree, those are good words for this friday.

FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: What a wonderful saying! "Into Your hands!" Whenever I am in an emotional turmoil, facing problems, get upset, depressed....that's the saying I am going to use from now on..."Father I give them into Your hands."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was an amazing day in Bible study when I suddenly became aware that not only Jesus could say this but that others and I could also say this and now, not only at the time of our deaths. Actually it was something I had read and then there was a sharing in Bible study that solidified it. Thanks for giving us all the opportunity to recall these Winning Words to our own experiences this day.
Sharon