Friday, August 18, 2006

JACK'S WINNING WORDS 8/18/06
“Anyone can buy new things, but only a strong person can throw old things out.”
(Unknown – Sent by Bill G.) Yesterday I spent time looking for something I must have thrown out., by mistake. It’s a big decision—to know when to hold ‘em and when to fold ‘em, when to hang on and when to let go. Are you one of the strong persons? ;-) Jack


CURLY F. HAS A COMMENT
Progess means throwing out the twist ties that come with the bread. Having 20 is a lifetime supply.

IT HAPPENS IN ILLINOIS, TOO, SEZ MARY
When moving from a home we've been at for 43 yrs. is really a big test. I didn't have trouble getting rid of stuff, but Dick did, especially when it came to his workshop. He still brought to much stuff which he hasn't touched since we've been here 2 yrs. next month.

DOES YOUR DESK LOOK LIKE JON'S?
I work on a system of pile management at my home office.
(I'm looking at the pile on my desk right now. and I know where everything is! Don't try to straighten it out. ;-) Jack)

CAROL COMMENTS FROM RICE LAKE
Having helped clean out my parents home and an old sister's trailer and 2 storage units and later her apartment after she died...I've learned what is necessary to keep, what is ok to throw and what is good to donate. Bob and I agree that if we aren't using it at least once a year maybe it is ok to get rid of it. No we don't throw away family heirlooms, some old pictures of people we don't know-yes. Sometimes they are hard to throw also because of the historical value for dating clothing, styles, old thrashing machines, family homesteads. In cleaning out my mom's home, we found pictures of Mount Rushmore under construction. One of my uncles had taken the pictures. Those we didn't throw nor the pictures of the World's Fair in Chicago. Many people comment about how clean "Bob's" three car garage is. We can actually get three cars in it if we have to...fishing boat has to go outside to do it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Profound WINNING WORDS. It's all in the perspective isn't it. Enjoyed the country-western lyrics. Very applicable to today's insecurities.

Anonymous said...

Progess means throwing out the twist ties that come with the bread. Having 20 is a lifetime supply.

Anonymous said...

Progess means throwing out the twist ties that come with the bread. Having 20 is a lifetime supply.