Wednesday, April 24, 2019

 Jack’s Winning Words 4/24/19
“Everywhere is within walking distance if you have enough time.”  (Steven Wright) A book, The Long Walk, describes how 7 Polish soldiers escaped from a Russian gulag in Siberia and began walking and walking thru the Gobi Desert, Tibet, crossing the Himalayas, into India--11 months, 4000 miles.  4 died along the way.  There’s a spiritual song that  I like…”I Want Jesus to Walk With Me…all along my pilgrim journey, I want Jesus to walk with me.”   ;-)  Jack

FROM TRIHARDER:  During the war, my father was conscripted into the Polish army to fight for Hitler. At his first opportunity, he deserted and surrendered to the Russians and spent the rest of the war in a POW camp. Needless to say, Russians had little resources (or desire) to treat its Jewish POWs humanely. After the war, he made his way to Germany to a displacement camp where he met and married my mother. He spoke very little, almost nothing, of his experience. Facts only occasionally leaked out===JACK;  I find it interesting ...how we can understand our friends better when we get to know some of their history.  You are an example of this.

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  wOW.  that sounds like a good book to read.  what a story.  the determination of the human soul to want freedom!===JACK:  We each have our road, our walk.  Some seem to be more adventurous than others, but we each must walk our walk. 











No comments: