Tuesday, September 05, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 9/5/17
“No one ever climbed a hill just by looking at it.”  (Dr. Phil)  It’s not a mountain, or even a hill.  It’s a pile of papers on my desk that need to be attended to.  I can look at it every day, but it’s not going away until I decide to do something about it.  I know that I’m not alone.  We all have that hill that needs to be climbed.  What is it that needs doing in your life?  I wonder if Dr. Phil has some things that need doing?  I’d be surprised if he doesn’t!    ;-)  Jack

FROM QUILTING CAROL:  Why is it that ‘stuff’ collects on our desks?  I have a stack that needs filing; I really dislike filing but love it when the job is done.====JACK:  Quilters have stacks of stuff, too....but quilters seem to be more organized than ordinary people.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  We always have those piles!  Whether it's writing those letters, laundry, keeping my scrapbook room picked up or...paperwork!!  Have a good day!!!====JACK:  I once went into a pastor's office....stuff all over the floor, on window sill, on side chairs.  "It's always like this!"  We laughed about it.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Oh my, yes, I still have boxes in my garage from moving 2 yrs. ago; Continue to slowly lessen the Mountain to  small hills! :-(  But a long Labor Day weekend in Chicago seeing Tony award play MOBY DICK, and WI on Lake Nagawicka at son Fred's is so much more fun than tackling moving boxes!! :-)  There's always an excuse...!====JACK:  If you don't need it, leave it in the box.  That's like it is with with words...If they don't need saying, leave them in the (voice) box.

FROM KANSAN DON:  Sorted miscellaneous stacks yesterday.  Permanent placement to be determined — but it’s a 'bit' neater.  Much empathy.====JACK:  It's Wednesday, and I'm just getting around to yesterday's e-mails that needed responses yesterday.  Which reminds me...I like the song, "Yesterday!"

FROM PEPPERMINT MARY:  my "hill" today  is opening up my preschool, (aka home away from home), and then shortly afterwards traveling to san fracisco, (aka new home away from home), to climb up and down the hills with a stroller cradling our darling grandson.  it needs doing to keep him in the arms of family as long as possible.  life is good...change for me is hard...i know you've been through your share.  you are always with me reminding me to keep the faith.  thank you! ====JACK:  Your song for the day...."Climb Every Mountain!"====MARY:  been humming it all day!  you know me well.

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  tackle the pile w/this strategy... first, sort pile into smaller piles, such as:
bills  correspondence  magazines... you get it.  then tackle one pile at a time, till finished====JACK:  The word, beatnik, referred to a messy lifestyle.  The word, neatnik, became its antonym.


No comments: