Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 9/12/17
“The chief function of the body is to carry the brain around.”  (Thomas A. Edison)  A little boy was asked by his mother, “What is the most important part of the body?”  The ears!  “No.”  The eyes!  “No,”  The heart!  The brain!  “No.  The most important part of the body is the shoulder.  Everyone needs a shoulder to cry on at some time…and I hope that you will always have a shoulder when you need it.”  I wonder if Edison ever needed a shoulder?    ;-)  Jack

FROM TL:  You have provided a shoulder for many in your day; I hope you now have what you need.  You remain in my thoughts…and prayers.====JACK:  In one of his writings, Carl Sandburg called Chicago, the City of Broad Shoulders.  The Church has been that for many people...a place of broad shoulders.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  I'm sure he did!  He failed a lot which probably left him needing a shoulder!  Don't we all?====JACK:  I like the song, Lean On Me...
Lean on me, when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

FROM PZ:  Thank you for sending this food for thought. It gives me a mini-vacation every day. ====JACK:  From one writer to another...Thanks!

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  We've probably all been "the shoulder", and all needed "the shoulder" if we've lived very long! Thankful that my son John, came through his hip-replacement surgery to day in good shape. Spent most of the day from 7:00 A.M. on in the hospital with his wife, Jan.  Prayers for complete and swift recovery appreciated!!====JACK:  I'm sure you remember when you carried your son on your shoulder.====OAKS:  Yes, indeed I do...and now he is 65, so many years ago!

No comments: