Friday, October 14, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 10/14/16
“You seriously have no idea what people are dealing with in their personal life, so just be nice.  It’s that simple.”  (Inspirational Quotes Genie)  Harry Golden tells of a man who was late for work and was fired by his employer.  “Get out, and don’t come back!”  As the man left, he said, “I’m sorry, but my daughter died last night.”  The Prayer List I keep shows the names of people who are going through some hard times.  This world needs more kindness.    ;-)  Jack

FROM BROKER JB:  I love this quote!  So very true.  I'm going to "borrow" it for my Friday commentary today.  Have a great weekend.====JACK:  You're welcome to use it...You'll be like the sower who sows his seed.  Who knows where it will take root and bear fruit?

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  So true! Bill loved Harry Golden's writing...He used one of his examples of a tourist standing at the foot of the Museum of Natural History in Chicago, buttons on his lapel, and pens dripping from his vest pocket to declare his responsible status, in his ignorant arrogance yelling up to someone at the top of the steps, "What's in there? Anything worth my time"?  And then Bill said, "And that the question the whole ill-begotten, suffering and often indifferent world is calling out below the steps of the church...what's in there? Anything worth my time?!"  (Not exact wording, but I never forgot that illustration....)  The world does need much more kindness! Hopefully we in the church have an answer!====JACK:  I think of this hymn verse when I think of the message that the Church has to offer...
Could we with ink the ocean fill,  And were the skies of parchment made,
Were every stalk on earth a quill,  And every man a scribe by trade;
To write the love of God above  Would drain the ocean dry;
Nor could the scroll contain the whole,  Though stretched from sky to sky.

FROM TARMART REV:  ...true-- we really don't know?! I'm not sure I always know what I'm going through either?====JACK:  Retrospect is the gift that allows us to "see," to really see.

FROM DM IN MICHIGAN:  Thank you Jack!!!    So what I needed to hear!!====JACK:  I had a feeling that this quote would find some people who could benefit by it.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  How very true!  We need kindness from our "neighbors" and mercy from God.  Blessings for a kind day.====JACK:  Glen Campbell used to sing...
"You got to try a little kindness  Yes show a little kindness
Just shine your light for everyone to see  And if you try a little kindness
Then you'll overlook the blindness  Of narrow-minded people on the narrow-minded streets"



1 comment:

SBP said...

Kindness is a fascinating behavior to contemplate. It can be a reflection of Portia's message as well as 13 Corinthians An act of kindness, I believe, is reciprocated by the receiver and the extender. Usually a simple gesture will leave the giver and the receiver feeling warm inside, and tend to generate "past it on" behavior. Can be merely a simple gesture but with the potential of becoming contagious,