Thursday, April 26, 2012

Winning Words 4/26/12
“Be less curious about people and more curious about ideas.” (Marie Curie) I read that tattoo parlors are finding that literary “inks” are quite popular and that many of them come from Alice in Wonderland. One of the often quoted Alice lines is: “Curiouser and curiouser.” Sometimes it seems that the “wonderland” we live in is “C & C.” People with great minds inspire me. Who are those who inspire you? ;-) Jack

FROM RG IN ARIZONA: I would agree with your comments. It seems that curiosity is the key ingredient. I don't think it much matters whether it is focused on the person or the idea, because one will quite often lead to the other ---- because that's what "being curious" does. It seeks out the gold that is interwoven in the commonality of our first glance!////FROM JACK: Many inventions came about because of curious people.

FROM HONEST JOHN: People who lead good and loving lives...my mother for one.////FROM JACK: Your response caused me to think of my own mother in a similar way.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Honest and true faithful people. Hard to find.////FROM JACK: Yes, but I've already talked to a few this morning. The honest and faithful are out there. And, I thank God for them.

FROM CL IN MICHIGAN: Faithful Jesus followers inspire me.////FROM JACK: I believe that God allows people to come into our lives for a reason. I read that in the Bible. I see that in life.

FROM BLAZING OAKS: I can't remember the exact quote, but it went something like:"Small minds gossip about people, Ordinary minds talk events and Great minds discuss ideas." Maybe Creative minds think up programs to inspire and entertain??! I am thankful to have at least average intelligence, and my "right" mind in my old age, but do stand in awe of so many great minds who have invented, discovered, and inspired, over the years. Too numerous to mention, but we are blessed by their contributions!! We all have our gifts, and "place"...////FROM JACK: Your quote (in a different form) is sometimes attributed to Eleanor Roosevelt. Perhaps you could have it made into a tattoo.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL: People that I meet every day in just plain living experiences are very inspiring and interesting to me. They range from the woman who cuts my hair, the man who sold me the iphone for 99 cents, the man who pressure washes the house, my neighbors who take care of each other, Pop who was 102 last week and is back to riding his bicycle around the block, all of my family and their friends, people in my OLLI classes, my teachers who are all volunteers, our new priest who is from Chicago and who is very understanding and who gets right to the point, old time friends who just drop by, etc.////FROM JACK: I'm glad to know that Pop is still riding his bike, or is it trike? I'm sure that he's an inspiration to younger folks, like you.


1 comment:

Ray Gage said...

I would agree with your comments. It seems that curiosity is the key ingredient. I don't think it much matters whether it is focused on the person or the idea, because one will quite often lead to the other ---- because that's what "being curious" does. It seeks out the gold that is interwoven in the commonality of our first glance!